Abridged or unabridged, how can I find out?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
StoneRyno
Bookshelf Size: 0

Abridged or unabridged, how can I find out?

Post by StoneRyno »

Wow it's been over 3 years since I joined the forum. How time flies. I finished reading all the hard copy books I owned and finally started getting to ebooks (a question / concern that brought me here back when I joined the forum). Now that I know more about the topic there is still just one last question / concern. Whatever books I read I want to make sure they are unabridged. But I rarely if ever see any notation regarding that status. For example I'm considering for my next read (I can't post links yet) The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, ASIN: B0083ZRAJS (use this i amazon search to bring up the book), but I don't know how to verify if it is unabridged. Thanks
017hnoor

Post by 017hnoor »

I finished reading all the hard copy books I owned and finally started getting to ebooks (a question / concern that brought me here back when I joined the forum).

Post by allwritemel1967 »

Usually it tells you on the pack/info/box whether it's abridged or unabridged ... if I remember rightly it's on the bottom right (don't take my word as gospel on that one!) Hope that helps! I too, only want unabridged books!
Readilyjoy
Favorite Author: TOOO MANY TO NAME

Post by Readilyjoy »

Usually in the information text it should state that it is abridged or unabridged. I know for a fact that in audio books, in the title it says abridged/unabridged.
doyle5
Currently Reading: Steelheart
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doyle5.html

Post by doyle5 »

It typically tells you in the description of the book. you know in the information where it tells you who wrote the book and whatnot.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”