Ebook Readers

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Lizzy Mar
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: Ebook Readers

Post by Lizzy Mar »

The first e-book I've ever read was Hush Hush on Adobe Reader.
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mmandy38 »

I honestly don't remember the first ebook I ever read.
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Jesska6029 »

I really love my Nook. I got my first one about 4 years ago, and I purchased my second one this past summer. The Nook GlowLight is my favorite. It gives the reader the ability to read around others without really bothering them. Plus, I use it while I'm at the gym, and its compact nature allows me to carry it around with me with ease.
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
Bookworm59
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bookworm59 »

I bought a Kindle to travel with and I HATED it. I like to feel the pages of the book and see where I am in the book. I love the picture on the front cover, dog earring my spot (yes, I'm one of those people) and passing a good book onto a friend. Then I wanted to read this huge book on holiday and so I put it on my iPad. Since then, I have found the convenience of carrying that versus a book has changed my mind. I also like that I can keep many books at hand. I unearthed my Kindle to take to the gym as my iPad was too big (and expensive to lose) to fit on the machines, but the Kindle was perfect. I also like the fact that you can put any Kindle books onto your iPad. I do fear that one day I will die and my great grand children will open a box in my attic and see my collections of books and look up at their mother and ask "What are those?". It's happening that fast. And not to be able to feel the excitement of holding a book in your hands and slowly turning each page to reveal more of a story you are involved in, really makes me sad. Already in my area book stores are closing up around me because it's so much easier to buy a book on line or put it on a device. But I still love to wander around a book store picking up something that catches my eye and reading the back cover so I hope that this won't be something of the past. Remember the typewriter???
christianquaresma
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christianquaresma.html

Post by christianquaresma »

Would you say Kindle has more options than something like Kobo?
Stevefromtheblock
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevefromtheblock.html
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol

Post by Stevefromtheblock »

I have a Kindle. I use it quite a bit, but I still like a paper book sometimes too.
Latest Review: "Short Shorts" by Alex Apostol
qteruby
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qteruby.html

Post by qteruby »

I started with a Nook color about 2 years ago. It was a gift from my husband. I fell in love with ebooks then.
Beautiful_Soul
Favorite Author: Jodi Picoult
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 481">Peter Pan</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2678

Post by Beautiful_Soul »

I used to be strongly against E-Readers but last spring I was super bored and decided to sample a book on my iPad and I was instantly hooked. I had no way of getting to the bookstore so I purchased it right then. I think that was the fastest I've ever read a book! I felt like I was reading 3x faster. The book was "Finding Me" By Michelle Knight. About the Cleveland Abduction. The story fascinates me despite the horrific details.

I'm headed to Barnes and Noble today to check out a few Nooks. :)
njt

Post by njt »

I have just read a really interesting book sent to me free by the author T.R Stevenson Pangaea Corporation . I checked it out on Kindle and its available for a free read.

Its very visual you need to stick with it as it develops a current philosophical theme. Its got the lot swings from London to China and California Milton, and myriad other poets referrenced. How about a final fight off between the two main characters on a wind farm in California. Crazy but true, with a Gladiatorial twist. Sci fi but with humour and a bit PKD 'ish. Recommend for 278 pages its an entertaining romp.
Palmer2356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palmer2356.html

Post by Palmer2356 »

I use my Samsung smartphone to read ebooks. I have been reading ebooks for years. I have thought about getting an actual ereader, but using my phone is so convenient! You can get the kindle app or use Overdrive (which is my favorite).
I live in NC and our state library system offers a digital library, which I love!
After reading ebooks for so many years, I prefer ebooks over traditional books. It is just so convenient to have my books with me all the time!
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

I purchased one of the original Kindles. The first book I read was Bullfinch's Mythology..mainly because it was free. The first book I spent money on was The Sunne In Splendor by Sharon K. Penman. Before the Kindle, I used a program called Stanza that I used on my iPod touch. Stanza seems to have gone the way of the Dodo.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I was so excited when I found out about e readers and the first one I ever heard about was kobo. So obvious to say that I stormed out the door shopping for a kobo lol. First book I can't really remember the title. It was a free one kind of a long the lines of sherlock Holmes.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

Smart Phones! Then I shifted to reading on my iPad. now I'm back to my phone!
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

I used my Android as an ebook reader and my first reader app was ReadEra. The book was The Maestro Monologue
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

I started with Adobe Reader as far back as 2010. The first eBook I read was Finishing Strong. I currently use Moonlight Plus. It works best for me

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”