How to download a MOBI file to Kindle

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
faye1442
Bookshelf Size: 1

How to download a MOBI file to Kindle

Post by faye1442 »

I recently received a MOBI file from a friend containing a series that I really want to read. The problem is, I have no idea how to download a MOBI file to my Kindle Fire. Does anyone have any experience with this? If so, can you please share with me? Right now I'm frustrated because I'm not able to read it! :(
shakeitkatie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shakeitkatie.html
Latest Review: "Blood Blossom" by Daryl Hajek

Post by shakeitkatie »

I am not an expert, but usually your kindle has an e-mail address. You can find it by going to Amazon and looking under "Manage your kindle". From there, you just email the file to your kindle email address. Once it is uploaded in your kindle, you usually get an email from Amazon telling you your document is available.

If it says that the file type is not supported, you may need to convert the MOBI file to another format. You can easily find websites to convert the files into the amazon and kindle format.

I hope this helps.
faye1442
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by faye1442 »

Thank you so much Khakeitkatie! It worked! I found my Kindle's e-mail and was able to send it to myself. I really appreciate the suggestion!
shakeitkatie
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shakeitkatie.html

Post by shakeitkatie »

I am glad I was able to help!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”