Kindle books with narration

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Kindle books with narration

Post by SparklingOne »

Does anyone else add narration to their Kindle books on their Kindle fire? I've done this with a couple books now. I really enjoy the convenience of being able to read only, listen in the car, or read/listen depending on where I am.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

Wow, I did not know this was an option. I might have to try it out on my mom's Kindle fire.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
-AM-
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by -AM- »

lol funny you should ask this. I actually went through 6 kindles in less then 1 year due to this feature. I guess I use it to much and it wore out or something. I had the kindle fire 5 times and then finally made them upgrade me to the kindle fire hd since the fire kept being replaced. I have to say this and collections are my fav features as of right now.
samantharaye

Post by samantharaye »

I didn't even know that was an option. I ended up selling my kindle fire because I kept getting distracted and got a paperwhite and I love it
SproutinPages

Post by SproutinPages »

I am getting a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I am a HUGE Audible fan so I am glad to hear about this option. I am definitely going to look into this feature!
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by TammyO »

I have the kindle app on my nook color hd plus and IPad mini. I love this option. However, I have to pay for the book and the audio feature. Is there a free version that I don't know about. Maybe with the free books or the classics? I was just wondering because it does get expensive buying both the book and the audio.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
dunappy
Favorite Author: N.R. Walker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7">Soaring Hearts</a>
Currently Reading: Dreams of the Forgotten (Sumeria's Sons, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 4294
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 35683

Post by dunappy »

I don't have a kindle fire only the e-readers but mine has the text to speech function if that is what you are referring to. I love it for when I'm commuting. I plug it into my car and let the car stereo read to my on my drive to and from work.
thefirsttime23

Post by thefirsttime23 »

is there any site where i can download audiobooks and ebooks for kindle for no charges.
lizamare

Post by lizamare »

I finished reading all the hard copy books I owned and finally started getting to ebooks (a question / concern that brought me here back when I joined the forum).

Post by allwritemel1967 »

Interesting you should mention this as it's a subject VERY close to my heart right now. I go blind for long periods - the longest so far is 17 hours in a day - EVERY DAY for the last 18 months - it's a condition called Blepharospasm which is a form of Dystonia! For a reader that is no fun ... I can basically only listen to the television, which I hate to do (at least if this had happened when I was a kid I could have listened to Jackanory! but even that doesn't run on TV any more - and it's ONLY children's stories ... I LOVE children's stories but I have a very eclectic taste.

I have a very thoughtful friend who tried to get me a kindle because it had text to speech ... then we discovered they have DISCONTINUED this feature and none of those sold in the shops have it on. So now all I can do is listen to the television (our local radio station doesn't do books or anything) I seem to have a problem with downloading audio books on my computer - I only want the unabridged versions - I'm fussy like that! How can the person reading know which is going to be the most interesting part in the abridged versions! Anyway, I digress. Kindle didn't even apologise when I emailed them and put it down to "progress" ... In desperation I contacted Kobo and told them they could now corner the market and help visually impaired people which they were interested to know more about (I love my Kobo anyway and had to give my kindle away because I couldn't use it - my friend says it's easy and finds Kobo hard ...). I live and breathe reading so this is a huge problem for me ... I'm almost never without a book in my hand but at some point my eyes forget to open when they blink and I'm functionally blind for hours ... (I'll be interested to see what happens when I go on the plane in 8 weeks and 6 days (sorry, just SUPER EXCITED!) - a 9 hour flight will be very long if my eyes close and I don't have text to speech or something like that - I hate listening to music ... I guess I can, at least, listen to the inflight movies, something I've never done) nor local bookshop suggested I try an iPad or something similar but I can't afford it. If anyone knows of a similar feature on another ereader I'd love to know about it.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”