If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
vivadolce96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Post by vivadolce96 »

Honestly as much as I hate eBooks, I would get both formats! If I'm out on vacation and dont want to take a billion and one books in a bag for them to get a bit too messed up.
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

I would love to be able to do this! Maybe someday...
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

In some cases I already do. I tend to buy everything for my kindle now, but if it something special I will go get a paper copy of it still.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Linda7228
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Blood Weddings by Federico Garcia Lorca
Currently Reading: Heist Society
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linda7228.html
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Linda7228 »

If I were rich enough, I would definitely buy both versions. You can only travel with a certain amount of books which makes ebooks more convenient but having a physical copy always gives me great pleasure.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
Latest Review: "The Sham" by Ellen Allen
Clrhbd

Post by Clrhbd »

Some books I own, I do own both copies, hard copies and ebooks. So I money wasn't an issue and I had a library where I could have the books without getting ruined, I would have both copies. I like to read from a book now and then but if I am traveling my kindle works so much better.
Tiffany4188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiffany4188.html

Post by Tiffany4188 »

I would love to have both copies. I have problems with my hands falling asleep, so the ebook version works better as ereaders are lighter than books. However, given the choise I would rather have the book to bookmark and physically see when writing reviews or lending out to other people.
Neyra
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neyra.html

Post by Neyra »

No, that's just waste of money even if you are rich!! One is enough for me!!
lisateb
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisateb.html
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig

Post by lisateb »

I would definitely have both versions. It would be lovely to have your books available to you at all times, in whatever form you wanted them. It's nice to take the digital copy around town, or if I'm traveling. It would be nice to come home and be able to read the real books. I wish I could do this!
"Why understand when you can believe?" Christopher Moore, Coyote Blue
Latest Review: "Burning Secret" by Stefan Zweig
yogitranscend
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yogitranscend.html

Post by yogitranscend »

I don't have much experience with E-readers yet! Out of paperbacks versus hardback I prefer hardback the best! So far I hate e-readers but maybe they will grow on me over time! I LOVE the feel of a hefty hardback because it stays open easier than paperbacks although paperbacks are at least good for a travel copy for car rides. I have A LOT of books in both paperback and hardback because if I see a cheap paperback I buy it, read it, and then if I like the story I go buy the hardback version for a better since of permanency. :) Usually I then give away the paperback to friends :)
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

As soon as the check cleared! :D
essie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essie.html

Post by essie »

Some of the books I read are kind of embarrassing, so I'd probably leave that digital only. But everything else I'd get in both formats. I like the convenience of reading on an e-reader, but at the same time, reading a physical book is just so much better.
snowrivver
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Favorite Book: Thief of Time - Pratchett
Currently Reading: Ready Player One - Ernest Cline
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowrivver.html
fav_author_id: 4040

Post by snowrivver »

It's not the money for me, it's the space. I mean, yes, it would cost a lot, but if I kept both versions most of that cost would be of a new house with a dedicated library! Plus, as I now only ever read books on my Kindle, the hard copies would be for decoration only.

On the subject of having both, some authors will give you the ebook for free if you have proof you own the hard copy. I know Brandon Sanderson does for some of his books.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

snowrivver wrote:It's not the money for me, it's the space. I mean, yes, it would cost a lot, but if I kept both versions most of that cost would be of a new house with a dedicated library! Plus, as I now only ever read books on my Kindle, the hard copies would be for decoration only.

On the subject of having both, some authors will give you the ebook for free if you have proof you own the hard copy. I know Brandon Sanderson does for some of his books.
Same for me! I would love to have hard copies, but I don't have anywhere to put them! I guess I could use my money to buy a big house to store them all, but I kind of like my small apartment. And I don't like having to deal with dust either, so digital is probably where I will stay for now.
SwagolaCola
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swagolacola.html

Post by SwagolaCola »

I would buy all hardcovers, but I would also buy an e-reader and buy all ebook versions of books I currently own, so that I can take my whole book library with me everywhere.
kiddles

Post by kiddles »

I really think I would just keep them all digitally unless there were something "special" about the hard copy (first ed., signed, etc.)

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”