Overdrive

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Thebooknerd24
Bookshelf Size: 14

Re: Overdrive

Post by Thebooknerd24 »

My husband discovered this app awhile ago and then he showed it to me and I love it! When I am doing housework I love having it to listen to while I work. I am not a fan of doing tedious things so listening to a book helps me out a lot. The only negative thing I would have to say about it would be when I listen to it in the actual app versus when I download the book to my phone and listen to it there. So you know the option "listen to in browser?" I would click that and listen to it in the browser every time but it didn't take long where I ran into problems. The book would skip way far ahead and every time I would try to rewind and listen it would still jump ahead. Sometimes it jumped ahead by a whole chapter or it would play the beginning and then it would jump straight to the end! I thought something was wrong with the app or my phone. Since then I've downloaded the book every time I borrow one and I don't have any problems.
fari30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I read all my ebooks and listen to audiobooks on Overdrive! I was so so glad when I found Overdrive and I love it
My weekend is all booked!
byrstn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by byrstn »

I love Overdrive. It's so nice to find a new book, download it and begin reading, all from the comfort of my sofa. I've been using it for about 6 months now. I'm a volunteer at our library and get there at least once a week, but Overdrive just adds to the number of books I have checked out.
NayDenise
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naydenise.html
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison

Post by NayDenise »

I've used OverDrive for over 3 years now and I love it! Since I moved a few times I've been able to connect all of my library accounts and borrow ebooks and audiobooks. I love that easily just download it to my tablet, phone or Nook and listen to a book on the go, while I'm cleaning or while I'm playing with my son. It makes life so much easier and the selection of books is phenomenal! It really makes the reading experience amazing. I highly recommend it!
Latest Review: "Back To You" by Chontelle Brison
jfaisman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfaisman.html

Post by jfaisman »

I absolutely adore Overdrive! My Kindle is too old for me to use it to borrow ebooks, but 100% of the audiobooks I listen to on my phone are from/on that app, and I've had absolutely no problems with it. Honestly can't recommend it highly enough.
emajors
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emajors.html

Post by emajors »

I have used Overdrive in the past and it is very nice to be able to rent the books without having to go anywhere. And I love that there are no late fees! The only thing I have a hard time with is when I want to check out a newly published book. I usually can't find it on Overdrive. But that is the only thing I have a complaint about!
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Overdrive has saved me hundreds of dollars :D I only wish I had found it sooner!
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Overdrive is a great app. Easy to navigate, and very simple instructions as to how to use it. Before my library switched to Axis 360, Overdrive was my go to place when it came to getting e-books.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Katy Isodo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katy-isodo.html

Post by Katy Isodo »

I adore overdrive and use it frequently. My library here in Austin uses a website that allows me to either download through the app or get some things sent directly to my Kindle which is what I do most often. With ebooks I can download them on my phone through the app and listen through a Bluetooth speaker while painting, drawing, or doing chores. The only downside with this method is that there are far more holds in the virtual library and there are books I would have waited months for when the same book is available on the shelf at the library.
MythicDrmR
Currently Reading: Empire of Night
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mythicdrmr.html

Post by MythicDrmR »

A friend turned me on to Overdrive and I love it. I am fortunate that a large college town about an hour away will give a card to my county's residents so I actually have two libraries worth of media available. I use the audio books when driving to and from work (40 minutes each way), and I do not have to go into the library directly and can get a new book day or night. I also like that I can't forget to return my books... :)
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I'm glad everyone has had good experiences with the app! I just recently downloaded it but I haven't used it yet because my library card is expired lol. I know... I'm not a very good bookworm.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Books_are_Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 940
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-are-life.html
Latest Review: The Gryphon by Paula Grover
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Books_are_Life »

I love Overdrive! It's the number one app that I use on my kindle. :) The only problem I have is not enough available through my library which hopefully will change one day.
KiMB00P
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by KiMB00P »

I haven't used Overdrive yet! I just downloaded it and recently moved counties so I had to apply for a new library card. I'm really hoping there won't be long hold times!
paranormalbooklover
Currently Reading: After We Collided
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by paranormalbooklover »

I love Overdrive. That is where i read all my books unless i have the actual book from the library. I had to wait a really long time for one book, I ended up cancelling the hold and went to the library to get the book, but other than that it's great
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I buy my books so that way I don't have to remember to return period. I don't buy many at all so it's not a nuisance
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”