E-Reader Recommendations

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
JaiD
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: E-Reader Recommendations

Post by JaiD »

Don't kill me but I would go with the iPad with both the kindle and the nook apps downloaded. Before this I had a nook and while happy...ended up with reading on my iPad and iPhone more. For a good reader I did like the nook though and if you can't afford an iPad it is a good option.
pagenumber394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagenumber394.html

Post by pagenumber394 »

The kindle paper white is what I have. It is easier on the eyes and pretty simple. It is specifically for reading.

I love how I can highlight passages and look at t hem later wheneverI want.

I keep a journal of quotes when I read a hardcopy. I do not like writing in books. However, with an ereader I do not have to worry about that.
Toria_Hostler
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toria-hostler.html

Post by Toria_Hostler »

Defiantly a Kindle, I have had no problems with mine what so ever.
BizzyLizzy
Favorite Author: Naoki Urasawa
Currently Reading: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bizzylizzy.html

Post by BizzyLizzy »

I agree with JaiD here! I much prefer a tablet with the Kindle and Nook apps installed: less devices to carry around and the best of both worlds! Not to mention being able to access a large app store and get more ebook programs when you'd like.
jmjennings14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmjennings14.html

Post by jmjennings14 »

I have had both a Nook and a Kindle and my personal recommendation is the Kindle. I have the Kindle fire and I love it. I feel like it is much easier to buy and read books with an e-reader because it is so instantaneous. If there's a fear of technology I would have to say that an e-reader is a very good device for the technologically challenged. I bought one for my mother for Christmas and she found it surprisingly easy to use and navigate.

As far as the differences between Nook and Kindle, the reason I prefer the Kindle is that like Amazon better than Barnes and Noble. Both physical e-readers were easy to use, the biggest difference is the platforms! Happy e-reading!
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

Kindle is popular, I suggest you it
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

Books are more expensive than they used to be. And I enjoy reading so much. What to do?
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

I love the Kindle but I need something that shows color for kid's books and comics. Any recommendations?
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

I am a devout Kindle Paperwhite fan. Why? I can make it brighter or dimmer (so helpful for my tired eyes), I can make the print larger or smaller (again, tired eyes haha), and I can highlight and take notes in it.

What stinks about the Kindle Paperwhite? The pictures! Any book with pictures in it is a sub-par experience.
bluecollarreader
Currently Reading: Wool Omnibus Edition
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B09Z9SQCFJ

Post by bluecollarreader »

I love my Amazon Fire 7 for reading. I read on it every day.
chandlermyer
Favorite Book: Jayne and the Average North Dakotan
Currently Reading:

Post by chandlermyer »

I recently purchased a Kindle, and I find myself ambivalent about it. Real books engage the sense of touch in a way the Kindle can't. I also find it moves slowly for anything other than a book, unlike an iPad.
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

Becca-Anne wrote: 20 Apr 2014, 17:52 I've always been a devote book reader. I never liked using my phone, a tablet, or an e-reader to read books. I like the feel of having a book in my hands. I love the sound of pages turning in a book. I love everything about a physical book to read from. However, in this day and age it's getting pretty difficult to purchase a 10 dollar book off of Amazon when you can buy the same book for 3 dollars on an E-Reader. It's a hard offer to pass up. So, do you have any good recommendations for a tablet or E-Reader that is light and portable, has a big selection of books, and doesn't feel like a tablet?
What's your favorite E-Reader or tablet to read off of?
I prefer reading on my phone. I do not think I will by a kindle tablet just for reading.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Ika Apro »

My suggestion would be kindlepaperwhite 11th generation. They are compact and have great choices, they just don't offer than much of font size variety.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”