Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by AA1495 »

kaykay9 wrote:I read faster on ebooks. I like how my kindle shows me my reading progress. It also tells me how many hours and minutes I have left, very useful if you don't like to know how much time you have left with a particular book then I suggest sticking with paperback form! :)
Yeah that's there. There's so much more to ebooks than your progress though. I'd still suggest ebooks :D
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Silvermoon »

That is a good question. Due to family interruptions, I get up and down a lot when I read. It is easier to find my place in a paperback than an ebook. Plus, I can always go back and compare situations easier, or look up something I may have forgotten. When I get up and down a lot that can happen. Either way, it comes out approximately the same.
Kjdominque
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html

Post by Kjdominque »

I tend to find that I read paper books faster because most of my ebooks are on my phone on the Kindle App so when I take a break I close the app and forget about it. Whereas with an actual book I can see it so it taunts me to pick it up and continue reading.
Silvermoon
Currently Reading: That Place of Knowledge
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvermoon.html

Post by Silvermoon »

Kjdominque wrote:I tend to find that I read paper books faster because most of my ebooks are on my phone on the Kindle App so when I take a break I close the app and forget about it. Whereas with an actual book I can see it so it taunts me to pick it up and continue reading.
That's what I'm talking about! I totally agree!
AL Hastings
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-hastings.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AL Hastings »

I have always been a fast reader ever since I was a little kid. Growing up in the age where people actually went to the library for books, I would come home with between 15 and 20, depending on how many my mother would let me check out. While I prefer e books for their convenience, I am still faster when it comes to zipping through a good paperback.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Kjdominque wrote:I tend to find that I read paper books faster because most of my ebooks are on my phone on the Kindle App so when I take a break I close the app and forget about it. Whereas with an actual book I can see it so it taunts me to pick it up and continue reading.
Well a good story should stay with you right? you shouldn't be able to forget about it so quickly! :lol:
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

Ebook on my Kindle. I have a toddler, so one hand is playing toss the ball while the other is holding my kindle.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

Lauren M wrote:Ebook on my Kindle. I have a toddler, so one hand is playing toss the ball while the other is holding my kindle.
Oh wow! That's great multitasking. Paperback would be more convenient though right? :D
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by smhawkins »

PAPERBACK.

I'm a sucker for real books. You don't have to charge them, turn the brightness up or down, and you can easily bookmark them :)

I also love collecting them and staring at my bookshelf. It's another nice piece to add to a room.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
AA1495
Currently Reading:

Post by AA1495 »

smhawkins wrote:PAPERBACK.

I'm a sucker for real books. You don't have to charge them, turn the brightness up or down, and you can easily bookmark them :)

I also love collecting them and staring at my bookshelf. It's another nice piece to add to a room.
Yeah I can understand that. I stare at my online bookshelf :lol:
rosec

Post by rosec »

I read ebooks fastest.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I personally don't really find a difference between the two. The speed at which I read a book depends on my mood, not the format on which I'm reading it.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
hedykay
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hedykay.html

Post by hedykay »

I am a fan of the good 'old-fashioned' paperback book. I am also a fan of the 'old-fashioned' way of social and human interaction. I worry with instant everything that technology will take over the world and people will spend more time on their devices than with each other. I had a block about reading anything online since teachers started requiring these things in college many years ago, before 'readers'. Once a block is inserted in my brain, it is hard to remove. I have a LARGE block for e-books! So, if I have to sit down to one, and scroll back and forth to read one sentence, you will lose my interest and I won't read it. Doesn't matter if it is an electronic love letter from George Clooney. Paperback books are what I was raised on reading, and I will continue to read these as long as we have trees to produce them. :lol:
Beth E Stevens

Post by Beth E Stevens »

I used to go to the library all the time but with E-reader I like it a lot and very easy to tote around !
Maroonbluebonnets
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maroonbluebonnets.html

Post by Maroonbluebonnets »

Paperback. Reading with ebooks will sometimes tire my eyes

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”