Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
randomcheerio
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomcheerio.html

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by randomcheerio »

I don't think it's the format that impacts the speed of reading but the convenience (i.e. being able to read an e-book almost anywhere) and the difficulty of the book you're reading.
princesschae
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princesschae.html

Post by princesschae »

I prefer an e-book. I guess it just because I use my nook quite often and my books are always in front of me.
rangel81

Post by rangel81 »

I used to prefer paperbacks but with a squirming infant, I find myself reading on my smartphone more often. Besides most of them have options to bookmark pages, allow the use of dictionary for a particular word,etc. It is more user friendly.
R_H_Ali
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-h-ali.html

Post by R_H_Ali »

It actually doesn't matter to me.

While I prefer paperbacks to ebooks any day, it doesn't affect my reading pace at all. Once I'm into the book, I get it done pretty fast either way.
kogden1266
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kogden1266.html

Post by kogden1266 »

I read paperbacks much faster as I have the older kindle model and without the backlight, it is not as easy to read as a normal book for me.
SWilder

Post by SWilder »

I prefer paperback - easier on my poor, hardworkin' eyes.
Colette Marie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colette-marie.html

Post by Colette Marie »

I read books faster on a paperback simply because the e-book really distracts me and causes me to read at a slower speed. (Maybe because I am more used to reading a paperback XD) The e-book also makes my eyes tired more easily than when I am reading paperbacks and this causes me to not be able to concentrate... So I guess I read faster on a paperback.
super_howls
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-super-howls.html

Post by super_howls »

It took me a while to get used to my Kindle, but I'm on my third one now and I think I read faster using it. I will always love paper books (in fact, my dream is to have a library in my house), but I have to admit I quite enjoy not starting awake to a massive hardback falling on my face!
padfootandprongs

Post by padfootandprongs »

I read paperbacks faster than e-books because I can see how far i am away from the anticipated ending
Alexandra Bayer
Favorite Author: Richelle Mead
Favorite Book: Vampire Academy Series
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra-bayer.html
Latest Review: "Anonymous" by Christine Benedict
fav_author_id: 782

Post by Alexandra Bayer »

I've never found a difference between my ebooks or physical copies. It takes about the same time for both.
Latest Review: "Anonymous" by Christine Benedict
a-Prett
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-prett.html

Post by a-Prett »

I seem to be reading a lot more with my Kindle App on my iphone with it being so convenient. With my paperbacks I don't always get the opportunities to read like I do with my phone. As far as pace I think it's probably the same but in quantity a lot more with the apps.

-
lovebooks2read
Currently Reading: Raintree: Sanctuary
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovebooks2read.html

Post by lovebooks2read »

I read paperback books so much faster than an e-book. I have tons of books downloaded to my nook and also on my computer online kindle. But I just can't get into them as well as I can a good paperback/hardback book that is being held in my hands!
bdomino7

Post by bdomino7 »

I'm a paperback gal. No electronic reading for me. Bad for my eyes and If it dies while im out trying to read -_- death lol
divinetissuebox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divinetissuebox.html

Post by divinetissuebox »

I think I read paperbacks faster. Something about turning physical pages is more motivating, more enticing.
Romes123
Favorite Author: James Hadley Chase
Favorite Book: The God Father
Currently Reading: A TIME TO KILL
fav_author_id: 26124

Post by Romes123 »

I read e-book faster than I read paperback. I am always conscious of the fact that the e-reader battle is running down.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”