Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Moparguy1992
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by Moparguy1992 »

I read on my phone, my tablet, my computer, and a Kindle HD. I'll read the words on a package of Charmin for that matter, but nothing beats a paperback book in hand.
hayes_nch
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hayes-nch.html

Post by hayes_nch »

The speed is rather the same for me, but I prefer more reading a paperback. Reading on the electronic screen couple of hours is a thing that doesn't work very well one me. Another thing is that I really like the motion that I can flip the page, it just feel more rewarding in someway somehow...haha.
MoakVentures

Post by MoakVentures »

I personally read paperbook faster than eBooks. Focusing on screens for longer times tend to hurt me and as such slows my reading down.
cruiz1992
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cruiz1992.html

Post by cruiz1992 »

I definitely read my e-reader a little faster. When I read a paperback i find it harder to get in a reading mentality. With my e reader I can read whichever book catches my fancy, and therefore read faster.
allesha
Favorite Author: Scott Westerfeld
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allesha.html
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
fav_author_id: 3521

Post by allesha »

I read books on my Kindle faster because when I'm reading a book on there, I take it everywhere with me. When I read a paperback, it doesn't come with me a lot of times.
Latest Review: "Buenos Dias Lucy London" by Iza MacLeod
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

For some reason I think I read e-book faster but I probably read both equally as fast
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
mmosier

Post by mmosier »

I love my kindle just for the convenience of being able to buy a book and read it right away. I do feel like I read paper books faster, though.
cbmatte07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cbmatte07.html

Post by cbmatte07 »

Paperbacks.
I much prefer a Paperback over an E-Reader any day. I have tried reading through the Kindle as well as through my Smartphone and for some reason I just can't stay focused. I don't like the feeling in my hands of a hard electronic while relaxing and reading and I find it strains my eyes more so then an actual book which can lead to a headache. Also my lifestyle may require me to stop mid sentence halfway through a paragraph and I have to set the book down, its much easier to throw in a bookmark or fold my page in my opinion. For me its 2 different experiences reading electronically then with an actual book in your hands and I always choose a book.
bekahh91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bekahh91.html

Post by bekahh91 »

I read both the same. Either way they're both books.
rjhaug
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjhaug.html
Latest Review: "Ghost Unit-Chasing Destiny" by Levi Peretz

Post by rjhaug »

I think I read them about the same . I love my nook for travel. But I still love the smell of a hard copy.
Latest Review: "Ghost Unit-Chasing Destiny" by Levi Peretz
ac9726
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ac9726.html

Post by ac9726 »

I personally read faster using paperback
pagenumber394
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pagenumber394.html

Post by pagenumber394 »

I just got a kindle for my birthday. I find that reading on an e-book goes by faster. I read Between Shades of gray, The Kite Runner, and I am half way done with The Uglies. I have only had the kindle for about a week. Plus, Ihave read a hardcopy (a book called Story Girl that I won off GoodReads).

I am really enjoying my kindle. I still love hardcopy books as well. I have a huge book haul from my birthday. 10 books for the kindle and 10 hardcopy books. I alternate between the two.
seashell14

Post by seashell14 »

I definitely read paperbacks faster than e-books. It must be something about holding a book in my hand rather than an e-reader. And turning the crisp pages of a paperback :)
ipekbunsal
Currently Reading: Gift of Prophecy
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ipekbunsal.html
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner

Post by ipekbunsal »

Paperback. I always get distracted other way around.
While reading paperback still makes your eyes tired, e-book makes it even worse for me.
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner
Shinyfox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinyfox.html

Post by Shinyfox »

I read both paperbacks and e-books at about the same rate, but it always feels like the paperback book reads faster. I attribute this to being able to hold the book and see how far in the pages you've gone, rather than just seeing a percentage at the bottom of your reader.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”