Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by erasmus »

I've never really like e-books, so I always take my time with them. I sometimes can take about a week to finish an e-book compared to a paperback, which only takes me about 3 days on average to finish.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

No difference, really. I read ebooks on my kindle and don't find any difference. I read fast on both formats.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Aussie-reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aussie-reader »

I haven't noticed any difference in pace either.
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

gali wrote:No difference, really. I read ebooks on my kindle and don't find any difference. I read fast on both formats.
Aw, shucks. So it's just me?
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
gali

Post by gali »

erasmus wrote:
gali wrote:No difference, really. I read ebooks on my kindle and don't find any difference. I read fast on both formats.
Do you have a kindle or do you read on your PC?
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
luvmybooks619
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luvmybooks619.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by luvmybooks619 »

I really do not see any difference in how fast I read both of them either! I do believe that I read both the same!
I really wanted the Kindle because carrying the Kindle helps to preserve my paperbacks from becoming ruined, earmarked, or torn, etc...sometimes my paperbacks would get stained, bent, ripped out, etc......I do find it much better to read with the Kindle!
dina77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dina77.html

Post by dina77 »

I don't read either faster than the other but if I want to go back and reread something it is easier to find it in a paper book than on the e-reader...
runnergirl13-1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runnergirl13-1.html

Post by runnergirl13-1 »

I read on my nook a lot but i prefer paperback, after a while i get headaches from looking a the screen so long.
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

gali wrote:
erasmus wrote:
Do you have a kindle or do you read on your PC?
Actually, I just read with my android using an e-reader.

-- 13 Apr 2014, 19:58 --
luvmybooks619 wrote:I really do not see any difference in how fast I read both of them either! I do believe that I read both the same!
I really wanted the Kindle because carrying the Kindle helps to preserve my paperbacks from becoming ruined, earmarked, or torn, etc...sometimes my paperbacks would get stained, bent, ripped out, etc......I do find it much better to read with the Kindle!
Kindle does sound convenient, despite my impartiality for e-books. It also does look pretty neat. However, Kindle is not... How do you put it? Part of my region. I've got to get it from a third party who is in the region.
Last edited by erasmus on 13 Apr 2014, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I find both the same unless it’s on my PC, then I read faster in paperback, but other than that, it’s pretty much the same. Although, sometimes I get dizzy if I read electronically for too long and need to take a break.
My weekend is all booked!
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

fari30 wrote:I find both the same unless it’s on my PC, then I read faster in paperback, but other than that, it’s pretty much the same. Although, sometimes I get dizzy if I read electronically for too long and need to take a break.
I don't read using the pc, but I understand how taxing sometimes reading electronically can be. My eyes feel like I read a whole paperback instead of a chapter or two of an e-book sometimes.
Abu+Ami

Post by Abu+Ami »

paperback definitely
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

Abu+Ami wrote:paperback definitely
Yes! There's just something about a paperback that makes you want to finish it as soon as possible. Gives you a sense of achievement, too, once you're done with a paperback. Reading an e-book seems more distant. Maybe that's why I take longer to read e-books.
gali

Post by gali »

It may be the reason you feel that way. We don't have kindle in my region as well, so I have ordered it from Amazon. :wink:
A retired Admin/Mod

robin_parks

Post by robin_parks »

I read paperbacks faster than e-books I just like the feel of the book in my hand an e-reader is distracting to me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”