Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
katsanzenin99
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by katsanzenin99 »

I really can't tell. However, I do prefer reading paperbacks. The sensation feels a lot more... a lot deeper. Flipping those pages gives me a sense of satisfaction and peace. Lol, sorry for going off-tangent.
erasmus
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erasmus.html
Latest Review: "Torn Between" by Karen A Miles
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by erasmus »

katsanzenin99 wrote:I really can't tell. However, I do prefer reading paperbacks. The sensation feels a lot more... a lot deeper. Flipping those pages gives me a sense of satisfaction and peace. Lol, sorry for going off-tangent.
It's okay, I understand what you mean. Having a physical book is just different, even though we should all probably be saving trees instead.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
plasticfaery

Post by plasticfaery »

I read faster with paperback -- even tho I have an old Kindle I get distracted by either hunting down free books or adding books to my wish list :( I think I lack discipline!
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

plasticfaery wrote:I read faster with paperback -- even tho I have an old Kindle I get distracted by either hunting down free books or adding books to my wish list :( I think I lack discipline!
I'll bet a lot of people does it too. I mean, it's books we're talking about, after all. Readers are always distracted or looking for new books. Having e-books and e-readers only make it easier.
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
CourtneyRac1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtneyrac1.html

Post by CourtneyRac1 »

I tend to read an e-book much faster!
erasmus

Post by erasmus »

I think you're the first one to say that, CourtneyRac. May I ask why? I'm pretty curious about it.
LupeGarou

Post by LupeGarou »

I have a Kindle, my books on phone, and paperbacks, theres absolutely no difference whatsoever.
KirstyJ1994
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirstyj1994.html

Post by KirstyJ1994 »

I think I read them both the same.
toriborip
Favorite Author: Robin Jones Gunn
Currently Reading: The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toriborip.html
fav_author_id: 5926

Post by toriborip »

I enjoy having a real book in my hand. Also I have noticed if I read too long at a time with an E-book that my eyes start to hurt... But I havent noticed a difference in speed.
jbrookea12

Post by jbrookea12 »

I read both at the same pace. I am more likely to read a book on an e-reader (I love my Kindle Fire) when I am traveling for a long period of time. However, I enjoy paper books more just for the feel of reading a book. I definitely put down the book more when I am on an e-reader though. It takes a lot to pull me away from a real book.
Inishowen_Cailin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inishowen-cailin.html

Post by Inishowen_Cailin »

I read at the same pace no matter whether it is an ebook or an actual book. I will spend more time reading a book to get to the end if I am enjoying it and can't put it down. I never have any problems with my eyes from spending lots of time reading on the kindle.
Tiffywiffy1129

Post by Tiffywiffy1129 »

I read the same with both of them. It also matter how good the book is.
amfrancis
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amfrancis.html

Post by amfrancis »

I have a kindle... I find that I hate it! It's not that it's a bad product, it's that I love the feel of a book in my hand and the way it feels when the binding creases cause you've hit the middle!! I'm a fairly fast reader! I would say I read books faster but honestly, I read them at about the same pace!!! I do keep my kindle handy at all times in case of an emergency ;)
readerromance2003
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Favorite Book: Dark Magic
Currently Reading: Red
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerromance2003.html
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by readerromance2003 »

It does not matter for me. I don't have a problem reading an e-book or a paperback and I read at the same speed. The only thing I had to adjust to was that a paperback book is two pages at once and an ebook is only one page and then you have to turn.
fonki

Post by fonki »

No diff

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”