Sorting Books on E-reader

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
dvillemomof4
Favorite Author: Gena Showalter
Currently Reading: Demon's Bride
Bookshelf Size: 2850
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dvillemomof4.html
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 3591

Sorting Books on E-reader

Post by dvillemomof4 »

I currently use my IPad as an e-reader. But there is no way to sort books other than alphabetically by author or title. Is there an e-reader that will let you sort the books into different "folders"? I want to separate my books in a series into folders that contain just that series. The way my list is right now I am constantly trying to figure out which book is in a series and which series it goes with.
K_Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-robinson.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by K_Robinson »

On my kindle I downloaded an app called "collections" (or something like that). I believe it cost a couple dollars, but I paid for it with my free coins I recieved for buying the kindle. Anyway, its an app that acts as a book shelf. You are able to sort out your shelves any way you want - to keep it simple I just have two shelves; read and unread, but you can sort your books however you would like. My advice would be to try to find some sort of book shelf app :)
dvillemomof4
Favorite Author: Gena Showalter
Currently Reading: Demon's Bride
Bookshelf Size: 2850
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dvillemomof4.html
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 3591

Post by dvillemomof4 »

Thank you. I never thought of seeing if they had an app for that.
K_Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-robinson.html

Post by K_Robinson »

Your welcome! I hope you find something you like!
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

On the kindle they have a way to make folders. They call it collections. I have different folders for different genres.within the folder you can alphabetized by author or title I think also. Don't need a special app. You can do the same in iBooks on your iPad. You can add collections there as well and again I have folders for each genre. See the word "Collections" at the top? Tap it and you will get a drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom where it has "add collections". Hope this helps.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Reading lady wrote:On the kindle they have a way to make folders. They call it collections. I have different folders for different genres.within the folder you can alphabetized by author or title I think also. Don't need a special app. You can do the same in iBooks on your iPad. You can add collections there as well and again I have folders for each genre. See the word "Collections" at the top? Tap it and you will get a drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom where it has "add collections". Hope this helps.
I'm too late to help! I always make a collection and put them in an "Already read" folder as I go along.
aaagul45
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by aaagul45 »

I believe it cost a couple dollars, but I paid for it with my free coins I recieved for buying the kindle. Anyway, its an app that acts as a book shelf. You are able to sort out your shelves any way you want - to keep it simple I just have two shelves; read and unread, but you can sort your books however you would like. My advice would be to try to find some sort of book shelf app :)???

Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afg1415.html

Post by afg1415 »

On your iPad you should be able to download both the kindle app and the nook app. Either one will let you sort books onto different 'shelves.' The apps are very user friendly.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”