Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
electramia
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-electramia.html

Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Post by electramia »

The only device I have at the moment is an IPad, but at this point I'm not fully convinced if a Nook or Kindle is worth the money. Is it any different? If I do pull through with the change, what is the difference between a Nook or Kindle? Much appreciated x.
Aussie-reader

Post by Aussie-reader »

I have an ipad.

have never had any of the other devices but I find reading on the ipad very easy.

I would not want to get a separate e device myself - cant see point of that.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have kindle and I love it!!!!!!!!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Tinkerbell12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tinkerbell12.html

Post by Tinkerbell12 »

I have one of the older kindles, a kindle fire and an ipad. They all have their own benefits. I like reading on the older "regular" kindle outside in the sun, beacuse you can actually see the screen and read. I really enjoy my kindle fire and it has some versatility while also allowing you to still easily carry it with you and put it in your purse depending on the size of the purse of course. I enjoy my ipad though and recently I have been using it the most for reading. I enjoy the bigger screen size and all the options for other things that I can do with it. Although, many of these options are available on the kindle fire and it is very versatile, it is much more difficult to view the internet websites on the kindle due to the screen size. The print is just so small. :(
arnaleigh
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnaleigh.html
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran

Post by arnaleigh »

As much as I want a Kindle, I love the ibooks app on ipad/iphone too much to give it up! The extensive range of free books as become my new way to find good authors and love discovering a great book that I probably wouldn't have found if it wasn't for free
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran
K-katastrophe3
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: Remembrance by Jude Deveraux
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-katastrophe3.html
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by K-katastrophe3 »

I have the Nook HD. I absolutely love it. It does of course have a couple draw backs, like no camera (though I dont mind) and cannot play certain videos because of the flash player nook cannot support. But it does everything else. If you want youtube, there is youtube. You want the internet, there is internet. You want books there is the Barnes and Noble books store (which sells cheaper for nooks) and there is the library overdrive to borrow books from. It supports apps and all sorts.

I, myself, do not particularly favor the ipad, I think the Nook HD and the Kindle Fire are the two I would suggest. My mother has a Kindle Fire and it is definitely way worth it if you have an Amazon Prime account with it.
“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.” -Acheron in Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Latest Review: "Spellhollow Wood" by Joseph Scotti
Lishastokes83
Currently Reading: Becoming
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lishastokes83.html

Post by Lishastokes83 »

I love my Kindle. I have played around on my friends Nook before but I would rather have my kindle any day!
ConorEngelb
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: On Writing
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conorengelb.html
Latest Review: "Secrets of the East" by M. P. Schaefer
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by ConorEngelb »

I have an older Kindle and an Android tablet, which I can also use to read ebooks on, and I prefer the Kindle. The battery lasts a really long time, and the screen is readable in the sun. Also, I find that the back-lit screen of the tablet hurts my eyes, especially if I've forgotten my glasses somewhere.
Latest Review: "Secrets of the East" by M. P. Schaefer
toddwiese
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toddwiese.html

Post by toddwiese »

Which one has the paper white function on it? I've not read on my iPad outside, so I don't know about sun glare or anything. I'm happy staying inside to read though. I don't want to shell out the money for another ereader.
shinjiblue
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinjiblue.html
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise

Post by shinjiblue »

Anything but a Nook. There are so many issues associated with that e-reader (inability to hold a charge and random lines appearing across the screen that never go away); it isn't worth the money to invest in something whose functionality doesn't last.

The Kindle is the one with the paperwhite option and I do think it most closely mimics actual print pages. I have an Android tablet as well and have had no problems reading on it either. It's also nice that the tablet serves multiple functions so I don't have to carry around a separate device just for reading.
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise
bibby32713

Post by bibby32713 »

Aussie-reader wrote:I have an ipad.

have never had any of the other devices but I find reading on the ipad very easy.

I would not want to get a separate e device myself - cant see point of that.
This exactly. I love reading on my iPad partly because it is always with me. I don't have to carry a seperate item.
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

I would love to have an iPad. Unfortunately, I couldn't scrounge that much spare change from the couch cushions. So, I got a kindle.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Dextress
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dextress.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Dextress »

I have an iPad mini and I simply love it. I have 700+ books on it. I wanted to get a Kindle, or a Nook, but why bother when I already have an iPad and a free website to download from? I don't see the point. I'd stick with the iPad. It's easier to find books for without the need of downloading conversion programmes.
Dutchameri
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dutchameri.html

Post by Dutchameri »

About two years ago, I bought a nook color and I absolutely love it. Although, there has been some concern with the nook, I personally have not run into any problems. On the nook color, you can do a lot of different things. I have tons of apps and e-books, you can also go on the internet. Each Friday, the nook store offers a free e-book and they always have a special offer on an e-book. Overall, I am happy with my nook and would recommend it to someone looking for a simple, understandable, e-reader.
jibreelwizard

Post by jibreelwizard »

for reading it would be a kindle because the massive amount of storage :mrgreen: :D 8) :) :shock: :!: :idea: :|

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”