Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Cmparson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Post by Cmparson »

Call me an old coot but there's nothing like the feeling of turning to the next page!
kody
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kody.html

Post by kody »

I myself have an Ipad. I prefer the Ipad mainly because it has the apps that I ant specifically. Also I just downloaded that kindle app on my phone so that I would not have to ever buy a kindle. I am a huge Ipad fan even though it is expensive.
Lilianar_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianar.html

Post by Lilianar_ »

I actually have a kindle and I absolutely love it ! It's perfect for just storing your books, you have all your books in the cloud so they're easily transferable, and did I mention you can read in the sun ! Yup, one of my favorite aspects of The kindle is that I can actually read outside, perfect for summer beach days
Bluemma118

Post by Bluemma118 »

I have an iPad and a nook. I love my iPad but I don't enjoy reading on it as much as the nook. I like the way the screen looks and how I can read in the sun because it doesn't have a glowing screen. I don't do much on kindles so I wouldn't know, but between the nook and the iPad, for reading purposes, I vote nook.
mandap24
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandap24.html
Latest Review: "Usu" by Jayde Ver Elst

Post by mandap24 »

I prefer reading on my nook than the iPad just because the iPad feels more delicate to me.
Overall though I prefer my tablet because I just get the nook and kindle app on it for books.
I just wish I could transfer it around more easily. I'm more worried about losing/damaging my iPad than I would be over a regular physical book.
Latest Review: "Usu" by Jayde Ver Elst
Spennella27

Post by Spennella27 »

I received a kindle for Christmas about two years ago and I loved it. Then about here months ago I bought an iPad for Internet use and browsing. I really no longer have an use for my kindle in that my iPad works just as well. What I will say is the kindle app for iPad can be a bit hard to figure out. Once you get the hang of it however I definitely prefer my iPad for the simple fact there are more words on the page. It would make sense to me however if you don't have good eye sight I would suggest a kindle because the screen is smaller and more focused.
Reshmi
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Our Lady of Alice Bhatti
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reshmi.html

Post by Reshmi »

I had a Sony ebook reader, however it was not that good. Planning on getting a Kindle now since ipad is way beyond my budget.
Kellie123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellie123.html

Post by Kellie123 »

I have a IPad mini and read on that for quite a while. The only problem with it was my eyes would hurt after reading for a bit and my storage was filling so fast! For Christmas by husband got me a Nook and I love it! It's just the simple black and white and stores tons of books!
BearMountainBooks
Favorite Author: Frank Tuttle
Favorite Book: When Demons Walk -Patricia Briggs
fav_author_id: 13598

Post by BearMountainBooks »

I'm surprised no one mentioned Kobo e-readers. I have a Kindle and I love it. It's one of the older models a 3g keyboard. But for a possible "backup" second reader I'm considering a kobo reader. Kobo is a Canadian company (I think. I know they were. I'm pretty sure they still are as they are based there) but I see their readers talked about on forums and most people like the readers.

I'd also consider a tablet, but they're always so much more and generally all I really need the reader for is to read. I do like the ability to do email when I travel and maybe look up directions, but I'm not inclined to buy an iPAD for just those two functions!
the1awkwardvlogger

Post by the1awkwardvlogger »

I have a Nook color; however I never use it for reading. I tried but it's too hard on my eyes, I think. Like even if I spend a while online I get headaches and reading ebooks does the same thing. I can hold out with physical books much longer.
BearMountainBooks

the1awkwardvlogger wrote:I have a Nook color; however I never use it for reading. I tried but it's too hard on my eyes, I think. Like even if I spend a while online I get headaches and reading ebooks does the same thing. I can hold out with physical books much longer.
I have trouble when I read online at SCRIBD--I have a subscription, but man. Reading onscreen like that is nothing like my e-ink Kindle. I read on the e-ink kindle and I can read as long as with a book. But unless SCRIBD makes the text darker or lets me download to my Kindle, it's really not idea.
Maria saw her first dragon while gardening. The gnome tried to take pictures, but dragons are very fast. The fairy finally snapped a shot, but the dragon came by and flamed it to ashes! No one wants to get burned so, sadly, there will not be pictures!
angiee15

Post by angiee15 »

I have a Kindle and ipad....love them both!

-- 16 Jul 2014, 19:49 --

I prefer a real book tho :)
RosemaryT

Post by RosemaryT »

I have an ipad before i bought my kindle. ipad is really good because its basically all in one but its so true what the others bave said-it does put a good ol strain on the eyes if you read a while which is exactly why i bought the kindle. my eyes is worth the extra expense. for you, it just depends on how much you like to read.
Reshmi
Favorite Author: Too many to name
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Our Lady of Alice Bhatti
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reshmi.html

Post by Reshmi »

Yipee..I just had my kindle paperwhite delivered now :)
BearMountainBooks

Reshmi wrote:Yipee..I just had my kindle paperwhite delivered now :)
I predict you'll like it.
Maria saw her first dragon while gardening. The gnome tried to take pictures, but dragons are very fast. The fairy finally snapped a shot, but the dragon came by and flamed it to ashes! No one wants to get burned so, sadly, there will not be pictures!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”