Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
shurbooks_com
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Post by shurbooks_com »

Kindle any version. It has devoured almost the 90% ebook market!
BearMountainBooks
Favorite Author: Frank Tuttle
Favorite Book: When Demons Walk -Patricia Briggs
fav_author_id: 13598

Post by BearMountainBooks »

shurbooks_com wrote:Kindle any version. It has devoured almost the 90% ebook market!

Depends what forum you are on. I'm on several where tablets rule the day. Sony was quite popular until recently and Kobo e-readers rule quite well in Canada and are fairly popular in the UK and other places in Europe! I have a Kindle, but if I get another reader, it would likely be a Kobo or an android tablet.
Maria saw her first dragon while gardening. The gnome tried to take pictures, but dragons are very fast. The fairy finally snapped a shot, but the dragon came by and flamed it to ashes! No one wants to get burned so, sadly, there will not be pictures!
alex_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex.html

Post by alex_ »

Kindle, the first generation, because that way you're not tempted to use the internet.
Apogea
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apogea.html

Post by Apogea »

I have my iphone, and it really isn't that great for reading :P
I hear that Kindle Fire is a pretty good device for reading though!
Mmissyrea

Post by Mmissyrea »

I have a Nook, IPhone and I pad. My favorite is my Ipad cuz I can use the Kindle and the nook apps to read.
Kristin Schaefer

Post by Kristin Schaefer »

I love my iPad for reading books. I like being able to have a single device with me for all of my entertainment on the go.
Kuzpie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kuzpie.html

Post by Kuzpie »

I have a Kindle Paperwhite and its great! I love that they tried to make the pages and letters seem book like. The in-built reading light doesn't hurt either.
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I just have a tablet.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Melindac226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melindac226.html

Post by Melindac226 »

I have a kindle fire (original one) and an iPad. I did all my reading on the kindle or physical book up until a few months ago. It's just easier when in the go to take the one device, so I read on my iPad now. I like it better because of the bigger screen. Depending on the book though, I am still very fond of having a physical book in hand. I'm reading a lot of self help and marriage recovery books lately and to have the ability to mark pages, sticky note them, etc is refreshing!
BearMountainBooks
Favorite Author: Frank Tuttle
Favorite Book: When Demons Walk -Patricia Briggs
fav_author_id: 13598

Post by BearMountainBooks »

Here's a contest to win a Kobo H2O, their latest waterproof reader!

http://www.kobo.com/gone

It's kind of a pain to play because you have to find clues, but there you go!
Maria saw her first dragon while gardening. The gnome tried to take pictures, but dragons are very fast. The fairy finally snapped a shot, but the dragon came by and flamed it to ashes! No one wants to get burned so, sadly, there will not be pictures!
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I love my Kindle! I use it only for reading and I find it more reliable than reading on a tablet/smartphone because the battery lasts so much longer. Plus you never have to worry about storage space. It's my most prized possession.
ktfrank04
Currently Reading: Wizard and Glass - Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktfrank04.html

Post by ktfrank04 »

My parents both have nooks and I have an Ipad mini. I chose ipad because i do not enjoy e readers, and although i can read books off my ipad, i chose not to. I use it for pretty much everything else though d:
mramchandran

Post by mramchandran »

I have kindle and I love it!
NookWorm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nookworm.html

Post by NookWorm »

I have an iPad for the fact you can use it for the 3 main readers allowing for the ability to get the best price.

-- 11 Sep 2014, 22:53 --

i have an iPad and a several Nooks, but i tend to use the iPad since it allow for me to run the Nook, Kindle, and iBook apps on one device
NotEvenClose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-notevenclose.html

Post by NotEvenClose »

Mmissyrea wrote:I have a Nook, IPhone and I pad. My favorite is my Ipad cuz I can use the Kindle and the nook apps to read.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I have a Nook from long ago and when it was time to upgrade it I decided to look in to the ipad...
I now have one and my opinion is: hands down it was the best choice for me!
I have all my previous Nook books available, ibooks has some good [cheap] reads and I downloaded the Kindle app so my friends that have Kindles can lend me books too!
It's the best of three worlds! :wink:

-- 16 Sep 2014, 19:39 --

I gave my old Nook to my 11 year old son who always had a hard time getting through a book, it's the best thing ever for him! He doesn't realize how 'thick' the book is/would be and he actually asks to take it in the car because the wind won't move the pages! Honestly I think he reads faster on the Nook than a paperback too! :D

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”