What and how are you reading?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
chocomeiske
Favorite Author: Ben Galley
Currently Reading: The Prey
Bookshelf Size: 4152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chocomeiske.html
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
fav_author_id: 11401

Re: What and how are you reading?

Post by chocomeiske »

I just finished reading Bloodrush by Ben Galley on my Kobo touch.
Latest Review: "The Last Bucelarii (Book 1): Blade of the Destroyer" by Andy Peloquin
zhodgman
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zhodgman »

Im currently reading american sniper on my kindle. Ive watched the movie a few times and just had to read the book.
VictoriaR
Currently Reading: Thrones, Dominations
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by VictoriaR »

I have a Kindle and am reading the Complete Stories of Father Brown on lunch breaks at work. The stories are a comforting escape from a demanding job. But at home I'm reading The Geographer's Library, and just finished Symphonies. Somehow I prefer paper books at home.
AWaugh0531
Currently Reading: 11.22.63
Bookshelf Size: 93

Post by AWaugh0531 »

11.22.1963 by Stephen King, hardback!!

I have slowly started to attempt to read via e-readers, but I love the feeling of physically turning an actual page with my fingers!! I'll get there eventually, I'm sure.

-- 22 Nov 2015, 02:19 --

-- 22 Nov 2015, 02:20 --
trichobezoar

Post by trichobezoar »

I'm currently reading Nineteen Eighty-Four... or trying to, at least. It's slow reading... very depressing, but very interesting. That world so resembles the world of today--where Big Brother is watching our every move. (I read The Snowden Files months ago and am well aware of how closely Big Brother watches us.)

I'm reading it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. It's pleasant enough reading on this tablet--the screen is large enough for my old fogey eyes. lol
PageFlyp
Currently Reading: Art of the Deal
Reading Device: B00JKCH552

Post by PageFlyp »

I'm reading a few books, typically personal growth or entrepreneurial related.

For now:Art of the Deal by Donald Trump and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

Happy Holidays!
- PageFlyp
HusseinE123

Post by HusseinE123 »

I am reading Scorpion Mountain by John Flanagan. Great book!
butterflykisses51058

Post by butterflykisses51058 »

I'm currently reading the Mara Dyer triology, and I have them as a soft cover box set. I'm about half way through the second in the trilogy, but have read the first and second books previously. I usually use a Kindle Paperwhite, but these were a gift for Christmas, and it's nice to read a real book again!
Elliebe
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Elliebe »

I use google play books on my phone, iBooks and kindle apps on my iPad as well as the old school books. I love to read my bible, cookbooks, self help books, organization and money saving books, homesteading books, and good ole fiction and nonfiction as well. I am reading HG Wells "Time Machine" currently.
RooneysReviews
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rooneysreviews.html
Latest Review: "Magpie" by M.A. Reyes

Post by RooneysReviews »

I just finished reading a book as a PDF file on my computer for the first time. It was strange to have to scroll down the page almost continuously in order to stay up to speed with my reading. I try to avoid reading on the computer since it's so bright that my eyes start to hurt after a while, but it was a necessity for this book. I found that it was not as horrible as I always imagined it would be and I was able to get into the story just the same. It's so interesting to read these and see how many people are reading on such a variety of devices! I always feel like the electronic reading devices are given a lot of negative emotions, but so many people here don't have a problem with them.
Latest Review: "Magpie" by M.A. Reyes
Lorirainbowbright
Favorite Book: An Ember in the Ashes
Currently Reading: Burning Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 249
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorirainbowbright.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Lorirainbowbright »

I was reading The 5th Wave on my kindle fire but just having trouble getting into. So now instead on my kindle I am reading Storyteller by Lisa Cresswell. So far I am really getting into it. Its a book I got for free from NetGalley, so after I am done reading it I will be doing a review for it. It really remind's me of Bedtime Story, as well as Ink-Heart. So it should be a very funny one to read.
bloggingtk

Post by bloggingtk »

I mostly read on my kindle and I'm currently reading Dying to Forget by Trish Marie Dawson, which I got for free when BoobBub told me it was on sale., When I want to read book I pickup the book in which I am interested to read and then start reading the book simply.
jcox27
Currently Reading: Library of Souls
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcox27.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Curse" by L.Y.Starks & Dea Gonzalez
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by jcox27 »

I read almost Exclusivly E Formats Now, I find it much simpler than toting and storing books, and much easier to get to a new book when I finish one. (I read about a Book a day) Not the mention the fact that I can Download Library Books to my Kindle. (Overdrive, its an app, look it up!!!) Its just a much quicker and better option for me. The down side is having access to an outlet to charge my reader, however with an app on my phone as well as my computer I'm never without a reading option.
Latest Review: "Dragon Curse" by L.Y.Starks & Dea Gonzalez
vwswims

Post by vwswims »

I have the kindle app so that I can pick up a book on my iphone when I've left one of my paperbacks at home. Generally speaking, I'm old school and enjoy flipping the pages of a book and wrinkling the binding. There is something to be said about how a book gets worn as it is read over and over again. There is a sense of nostalgia when reading a book for the third or fourth time. You are often times taken back to the feelings and experiences you had when you had read it originally.
ReadDear

Post by ReadDear »

At the moment I read Jack London. Already, probably, for the twentieth time))) I love it!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”