I just love reading.

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
LeggeK
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I just love reading.

Post by LeggeK »

In high school I never used to like reading. I was so slow and my eyes just seemed to glaze over the words and nothing seemed to sink in. I just didn’t get the fascination, but over the last 9 years since finishing school, I’ve come to love reading. Now reading takes me to a whole other world, I seem to zone out of reality and find myself so engrossed in what I’m reading. It’s like there’s a movie playing in my head and I’m there right alongside the characters. Oh how I love to read now!
Teigynlux
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teigynlux.html

Post by Teigynlux »

Reading is so amazing it allows you to walk along another persons adventure or struggle or peer into ones imagination and travel across the world or right out of this world and you could be in the middle of your own bed while doing it. I love reading!
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

Me too! It gets my mind off things for a bit
CuriousJorgi
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Dorothy Must Die
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curiousjorgi.html

Post by CuriousJorgi »

Reading is a great escape to new worlds and adventures that I would never get to without a book. I feel like when I read I am with an old friend :)
Nardi2013

Post by Nardi2013 »

I love to read too, I spend a lot of time to read books and ebooks
Cool Books
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cool-books.html
Latest Review: "Life And Beyond" by Aruen Sood

Post by Cool Books »

reading makes me feel happy and feel alive it helps be look in to book through a whole new perspective. It makes me feel like these events are happening to me and have a picture of whats happening in my mind.
Latest Review: "Life And Beyond" by Aruen Sood
bullshop1

Post by bullshop1 »

Reading is my travel agent. Whether I've been personally or imaginatively to the places in the books, it's always and adventure and an education.
Winston Smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winston-smith.html

Post by Winston Smith »

I don't know if someone has already mentioned it but i will quote something from George R.R. Martin,

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."
a_demaree
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-demaree.html

Post by a_demaree »

Me too! I use it as an escape from the rest of the world. I do not spend much time watching tv or really doing anything other then reading. It is my main thing to do. I don't even care if Im reading on my nook, kindle, iPad or a paper book. As long as its a good story that is all I care about.
speedesch2
Favorite Book: The Galway Homicides #4-6
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-speedesch2.html

Post by speedesch2 »

Reading is awesome, it's one of my favourite pass times. I love how it relaxes me after busy day. How I can get totally lost in a different world, learn and discover new things and improve my knowledge. I also find that reading improves your writing. Fantastic!
Lilianar_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianar.html

Post by Lilianar_ »

Likewise ! Reading is more than just words on paper, its a new life, and you have the key for it.
ericaNmike1112
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericanmike1112.html

Post by ericaNmike1112 »

Absolutely agree. When I'm reading I'm completely absorbed in my book. For me reading a book is like how some people watch movies I can picture everything in my jead
amen jamir
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amen-jamir.html
Latest Review: "Immoral Society (Book One)" by Catherine Hudson
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by amen jamir »

I totally agree and reading is discovering.
Latest Review: "Immoral Society (Book One)" by Catherine Hudson
SidnayC
Favorite Book: I am yet to read a book worthy
Currently Reading: Inescapable by Amy Bartol
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sidnayc.html
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp

Post by SidnayC »

Seriously reading has helped me get through so much.... it helps me escape into a fictional world and also helps me learn new and exciting things about the world I live in. It provokes so many emotions in me when I read a good book! I thought that with the advent of the internet and smart phones that reading would die down.... but am so happy to see that people's love for reading has only gotten stronger!
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you - Maya Angelou
Latest Review: "Vampire prince" by Iris van Gorp
Mmissyrea

Post by Mmissyrea »

It helps me to escape the real world. Some people choose to drink, etc. I choose books. It is more relaxing to me.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”