How many ereaders have you gone through?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ereader1954
Currently Reading: Dear Thailand
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereader1954.html

Re: How many ereaders have you gone through?

Post by Ereader1954 »

I have gone through 2 Nook's. The first the cat broke the screen which broke something inside, so I had only a partial screen. The second one I gave to my granddaughter after I got the tablet. Now I use the apps.
aharmon08
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aharmon08.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Post by aharmon08 »

I have 2. Both kindles. I got my first one a couple years ago for christmas and I just got a new one this past November. I think just got a new one because I liked the upgrade from my previous one. It's easier to navigate I think.
DLS19
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle2016.html

Post by DLS19 »

I have gone through one, and I gave it to my Grandmother as a gift. my e-reader was on my iPad, and that was what i gave to her. Now, I read everything on my Kindle app on my iPhone, and I can still access older books I have bought.
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

I have three Kindles. One of the originals which still works but the battery doesn't stay charged as long as it used to. I have a K3 with the keypad and a Kindle paperwhite. They are all working and I read 3-4 hours a day, 4 to 5 days a week.
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

My first was a Kindle which I loved until my son stepped on it and broke the screen. (How it ended up on the floor is another story.) For a long time after that I read real books or on my laptop. Last year my husband bought me an Android tablet. It has been the been the best of both worlds.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Laura19804
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading: A history of the world in 100 objects
Bookshelf Size: 610
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Laura19804 »

I'm on my first kindle paper white (was given it as a gift three Christmases ago) it is still going strong but I tend to read both kindle and paperback so although I read for several hours a day I don't do it everyday on the kindle, that being said my kindle does have a cracked screen and light spills out of the crack making it a bit distracting especially at night. But I still love it I'm going to buy another kindle soon probably a paper white again
grace-grace13
Currently Reading: Why not me?
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-grace13.html

Post by grace-grace13 »

I currently own two e-readers. I have a first generation Kindle Fire and I have a first generation nook. I love them both for different reasons. My Kindle fire is basically a tablet so I can do other things besides read with it, which is nice when I don't want to read. My nook is good for when I do not need wifi, however since the screen is not backlit, I have to have plenty of light to read. Soon I will need to replace my nook and I still don't know what I will replace it with.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I have had 2 Nook HDs. I would definitely recommend it. My first one was stolen so I had to buy a new one. I love it. I use it all the time.
barb429
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barb429.html
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by barb429 »

I'm on my second one. I started with a Nook, but honestly never really read that much on it. I wasn't planning on getting another until my husband bought me my Kindle Fire. Now I use it much more often than I ever used the Nook.
Latest Review: "Tears That Changed a Nation" by Charles L. Tucker
Chris123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris123.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chris123 »

I have a nook tablet that is 3 or 4 years old(I think) and I have a kindle both running well. I use my kindle 99% of the time though because nook books tend to be more expensive.
Nichol
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nichol »

Three Kindles. Two I gave away to friends and one I kept for myself :)
Jaebird
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaebird.html

Post by Jaebird »

I have not gone through any e-readers as yet. All of my friends are/were having to replace theirs so often, I just download my e- books to my small HP Stream notebook and have no problems.
Endless Whispers
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-endless-whispers.html

Post by Endless Whispers »

2. First one didnt work. I got another one. Its been maybe like 4 yrs since and i recently broke the screen :( planning on fixing it tho not getting another one.its my baby
BarryEM

Post by BarryEM »

I began reading ebooks on an HP-95lx palmtop in the early 1990s long before the term "ebooks" was coined. Next I read on an HP-100lx and then an HP-200lx. I think I also read them on a Tandy Zoomer but I don't remember for sure.

In those days you couldn't buy ebooks. They weren't a thing yet. The internet wasn't even available to the public. Someone in the HP forum on Compuserve wrote a program for their palmtop for reading text files like books and a lot of us scanned in books we liked and swapped them.

Next I began reading on a Palm Pilot. I think the 3x was my first model and then a 3C. Then a Tungsten E2. Then a Franklin Ebookman.

I began with Kindles in 2009 with the Kindle Keyboard or Kindle 3. Next I got a Kindle Touch and a Kindle Basic. Now I have all three generations of Paperwhite and a Voyage. I also have a couple of Kobos and I've had a couple of others in the past. And a Nook Glowlight Plus. Also about half dozen Kobo Minis.

I'm not sure how many that is but I've been through a bunch of them. I live in a retirement home and I'm always saving for the next one and selling or giving my older ones to my neighbors.

Barry
Christine_B
Currently Reading: Silver Shadows
Bookshelf Size: 1971
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christine-b.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Christine_B »

I have a kindle fire (which is almost full), so I bought myself a kobo (less books there but still filling up the sd card I bought for more storage), then I bought an Ipod touch with 32gb of space and have more kindle and kobo books on there plus the kobo and kindle app on my phone so lots of devices with many many books. I have more books across all my ereaders than I will probably ever be able to read lol.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”