How many ereaders have you gone through?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
terrametoo
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terrametoo.html

Re: How many ereaders have you gone through?

Post by terrametoo »

I had a kindle and a kindle fire that died on me after I plugged them into a foreign outlet while I was traveling abroad. Right now I use kindle, iBooks, and overdrive ( my library's app) on an iPad mini.
authorkcfinn
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authorkcfinn.html

Post by authorkcfinn »

I read on Kindle app on my iPad, Kindle on my laptop and now I also have the app on my new Nokia phone which I'm finding the best of all three!
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

just one, i have the basic kindle and its lasted for almost 2 years and so far still works perfectly, despite the near constant use.
marissamace92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissamace92.html

Post by marissamace92 »

So far, I've had the original Nook, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Paperwhite. (Yes, I have a problem. :)) I've officially moved over to Amazon completely. I love my Kindle Touch with the lighted cover and my Paperwhite!
obiebookworm
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by obiebookworm »

marissamace92 wrote:So far, I've had the original Nook, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Paperwhite. (Yes, I have a problem. :)) I've officially moved over to Amazon completely. I love my Kindle Touch with the lighted cover and my Paperwhite!
You "had"? What happen to each of previous readers? My heavens!!!!
Obiebookworm
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

marissamace92 wrote:So far, I've had the original Nook, Nook Color, Nook Tablet, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Touch, and Kindle Paperwhite. (Yes, I have a problem. :)) I've officially moved over to Amazon completely. I love my Kindle Touch with the lighted cover and my Paperwhite!
Did you wear them out or did they wear you out? Or are you a "must have the latest gadget" person?
You should sign up to do user testing for these companies & they could have a slogan "if it can survive marissamace92 it can survive anything" :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
obiebookworm
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by obiebookworm »

Fran wrote:
Did you wear them out or did they wear you out? Or are you a "must have the latest gadget" person?
You should sign up to do user testing for these companies & they could have a slogan "if it can survive marissamace92 it can survive anything" :lol:
Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! Love it!
Obiebookworm
marissamace92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissamace92.html

Post by marissamace92 »

Lol! Nothing was wrong with any of them, I just get tired of things quickly. I've finally settled down with the KTouch and the Paperwhite. And I love the slogan. :)
sarah92480
Favorite Author: Kim Harrison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah92480.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4193

Post by sarah92480 »

I got a Kindle touch about 1.5 years ago, and it still works great, and I still use it a LOT. The battery doesn't stay charged quite as long as it used to, but I can still go several weeks without charging it. I also have the wi-fi turned off most of the time so I'm sure that helps.

Has anyone gotten to the point with a Kindle where the battery no longer holds a charge? Do you get a new one at that point? How long did you have it before you ran out of battery life for good?
M-Allmon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-allmon.html

Post by M-Allmon »

I got a Nook Color a few years ago when they first came out. I did stop using it for about a year because I was reading on an Ipad. But I've since went back to the Nook.
Bailers77
Favorite Author: Terry Goodkind
Currently Reading: The Scorch Trials
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bailers77.html
fav_author_id: 5284

Post by Bailers77 »

I am on my second Kindle E-Ink. the first was accidently jumped on and the insurence replaced it. I love it but it is a little outdated considering I got it almost four years aga and it was one of the old versions then. My mother and sister both have the Kindle Fire and they both love them.
Aussie-reader

Post by Aussie-reader »

I don't have a specific ereader - but have been reading ebooks on ipad for a year, I expect it to last for a long time yet.
ITnker
Favorite Author: No favorites.
Favorite Book: See favorite author.
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itnker.html
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha

Post by ITnker »

I started with the original Nook, went to the Nook Color, Nook HD, then to the iPad. I still have all three Nook formats, all in working order, one of which I gave to a relative to use. I choose to use the iPad where I can use multiple ereader applications and obtain books in one application when not available in another.
Some of my happiest moments are when lost within the pages of a book!
Latest Review: "Shadows of Damascus" by Lilas Taha
jazzybear
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: The Mortal Insruments City of Glass
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jazzybear.html
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by jazzybear »

I'm still on the same kindle for the past 5 years. And it's still in great condition.
Inishowen_Cailin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inishowen-cailin.html

Post by Inishowen_Cailin »

I'm on my second kindle. The first one froze after being dropped too many times but I've had my second one for 2 years now and no problems.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”