How many ereaders have you gone through?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
staceymarie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How many ereaders have you gone through?

Post by staceymarie »

I had a nook tablet, the nook tablet HD. Then I bought an android tablet which was too huge (Samsung galaxy note 10.1) and now I have an ipad mini which I looooooooove. <333
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

3 kindles, but not because any were bad I just wanted the upgrade each time I bought a new one. With the latest I have I can read in a dark room even. I won't replace this one unless the technology improves enough for them to make these e-ink screens have color for books containing illustrations.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Tseve87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tseve87.html

Post by Tseve87 »

I have gone through three... my first one was one I got from my mom for Christmas one year due to me always buying books she thought an ereader would save me money I don't remember what type it was it wasn't a nook or kindle. My second one was a Nook color and I didn't have it a year before the inside of the screen broke. I replaced with my nook tablet and I am not happy with how it is I have been told more then once to switch to the kindle my best friend has had hers for two years and she has a seven year old who place on it and it still has last. I Love the deals I get from Barns and noble but they do not in my opinion make there ereaders all that reliable. I know of two other that have been having problems with there nooks as well.
Dolliebaby77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolliebaby77.html

Post by Dolliebaby77 »

I have a nook as it is easier to use for me as I am in a wheelchair.
darkfae2317
Favorite Author: Diana Gabaldon
Favorite Book: Outlander Series
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkfae2317.html
fav_author_id: 2373

Post by darkfae2317 »

I've gone through 5. I bought a kobo and didnt like it, so I returned it so I'm not sure if that counts. I bought a Kindle after that and it lasted for about a year before the screen broke, luckily it was on warrranty so I got my 2nd as a replacement. I was given a Nook, which I think is 1st generation, which I dont like as much as my Kindles, it's heavier and I don't like the font choices for it. My latest is a Kindle touch, which I think they no longer make, but I love it, because its really light weight and i can turn the page just by tapping on the screen. although i don't like the way the cover for it covers the speakers
leaparker
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leaparker.html

Post by leaparker »

I've had two. The first was a Jetbook Lite which I still have but is not currently in use. I loved it but it used regular AA batteries and went through them very quickly. I switched to a first generation Nook tablet when they came out and I am still using that, although I have used cyanogenmod to change the software on it. I didn't like the options for fonts and back lighting in the original Nook software and that change let me use the Nook phone app instead. Back then the app was different than the default Nook software but I do not know if that is true on newer versions. When I am ready to upgrade I will get a Nexus tablet and continue to use apps on it. I am not interested in locking my choices in to one content provider again.
JennyS
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennys.html
Latest Review: "Sugar Scars" by Travis Norwood

Post by JennyS »

I had one of the giant Kindles, but was happy to change it for my Kindle Touch, which I've had for over 2 years now. (I could use a new cover, though, as my purple faux leather one is literally coming apart at the seams!) I'm completely happy with it, and I have the Kindle app on my phone so I'm never without a book to read!

I also have a nook, but I use it exclusively as a kitchen tablet for following recipes and the like.
Latest Review: "Sugar Scars" by Travis Norwood
Shinyfox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinyfox.html

Post by Shinyfox »

I have a kindle keyboard. I run old school I guess, haha =) I've been through two of them. The first died because it was in my purse and well, let's just say it got crunched. I like the keyboard, but it's not fast for internet and you don't get color. I chose it for those reasons. I'm addicted to the internet as much as I am to reading. So I decided to get an e-reader with limited internet capabilities. It seems to be working out well for me!
RJohnReves
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjohnreves.html

Post by RJohnReves »

Zero. I am loyal to paper and ink.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

You people must be hard on your ereaders. I have a Kindle which I believe I have had for 4 years now. No problems it is still good to go and I wouldn't trade it in for any other ereader as I love the 3G that it came with and costs me nothing. I don't know why everyone doesn't have this version.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

I have a Kindle that I have had for almost 3 years. I sort of ran out of space on it, but deleted a few game apps and now I have much more room for books.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I had a first generation kindle, and I cried when the screen on it died (years outside of warranty). Now I'm on to a Kindle Mini that I love even more!
kautetastic

Post by kautetastic »

3 and i found one that i absolutely love
CharlotteWolf
Favorite Author: jessica shirvington
Favorite Book: Between the Lives
Currently Reading: Love by Numbers
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlottewolf.html
fav_author_id: 8661

Post by CharlotteWolf »

I've used my kobo ereader for about 2-3 years now it still hasn't broken or died.
Toritho
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toritho.html

Post by Toritho »

I had a Nook for a bit a few years ago, but it had some really weird issues, and I couldn't really read anything on it anymore. After that, I would read ebooks on my phone, iPod, or computer through the kindle app, but now I have a Kindle Fire HDX, which I use for reading and pretty much everything else, lol

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”