Recommended free ebooks for kindle or Ibooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
brittany_gillespie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Recommended free ebooks for kindle or Ibooks

Post by brittany_gillespie »

Hi, everyone I am looking to get some good recommendations for free ebooks. I like historical romances, paranormal romances, fantasy, paranormal novels in general, romance novels in general, thrillers, and even some steamer selections. If anyone has any suggestion i would love to look at them. Please make sure they are free novels tho, I am a single mom going through college so the budget is really tight. Thanks!!!!!
anu_
Currently Reading: Idiot by Fyodor

Post by anu_ »

Brittany, I read The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker a couple of months back. It was a free kindle edition and the story is a thriller set in the era of Steam in a fantasy land called Turgonia. The protagonist is a woman law enforcer with an unusual name Amaranthe Lokdon. Quite liked the book and it was free the last time I checked.

The first part of Wool by Hugh Howey is also available as a free short eBook on kindle. But, the story is so addictive that I ended up buying Omnibus paperback edition and thankfully I absolutely loved it. Actually, many times only a part of good eBooks are available for free, and you have to spend money to buy the rest :(

But, as you are interested in free novels, I think you should try classics which are available free of cost at Amazon, Kobo and Google Play Books. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie and The Man Who Knew Too Much by G. K. Chesterton are the ones I read this year as eBooks and they are absolutely worth a read.
"Children were playing when Holston climbed to his death" Wool by Hug Howey
angelnumber5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelnumber5.html

Post by angelnumber5 »

I get on amazon and look at free books all the time. I like romance and fantasy. The last book I read was seeing stars. its a romance. of u like that kind of thing the u should get it. I have so many I don't know are to start. I recommend you go to amazon and look at all the free books you can get. also if u have a library card your library might have it were you can get a book for aoi long and the it automatically go back if you have a kindle door something like that. I hope this helps!
rhoneg
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Predjudice
Currently Reading: Dracula
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by rhoneg »

I subscribe to BookBub and they send a daily email with discounted and free ebooks. You set the preference to type in your profile.
blaise+tshi

Post by blaise+tshi »

brittany_gillespie wrote:Hi, everyone I am looking to get some good recommendations for free ebooks. I like historical romances, paranormal romances, fantasy, paranormal novels in general, romance novels in general, thrillers, and even some steamer selections. If anyone has any suggestion i would love to look at them. Please make sure they are free novels tho, I am a single mom going through college so the budget is really tight. Thanks!!!!!
hey brittany_gillespie you can download the ebook ESTHER - from the amazon kindle store
simply copy paste this in the search tab - ESTHER by Blaise

it's currently free on the amazon kindle and its a good read that falls in your request :)
joreasonable
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joreasonable.html
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter

Post by joreasonable »

I agree with the above poster, Amazon has plenty of choice and if you just search in google for free ebooks there are loads of pages that can send you a daily email with the latest options.
Latest Review: "Caught In A Web" by Jason Carter
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

I agree with the above posters. Unfortunately it is hard to recommend a FREE ebook because, unless they are classics and out of copyright, they may be free one day but not the next. For example I got THE BOY WHO LIVED WITH GHOSTS for free but saw that you now have to pay for it.

I think the best thing would on Amazon click on 'browse' then 'Romance' the 'sort by price: lowest to highest'. Good luck.
Sirisha25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirisha25.html

Post by Sirisha25 »

Hi Brittany,
I love historical romances just like you. Here are some of my favorite free historical romances on kindle. I love the Penwood Legacy by B.L. Bierley. There are three books in that series so far and they are Finding Bliss, No Escape from Love, and Good Liberties of Love. Another series to look into is the Wedded Women Quartet by Jillian Eaton. Another good one is Six of One by JoAnn Spears. Also you can do what I do just look for free historical romance books or free kindle ebooks and see what you are interested in.
Totoro
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski

Post by Totoro »

Does iBooks ever have free books? I use my Kindle for reading and have never even checked out the iBooks Store.
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski
arnaleigh
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arnaleigh.html
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran

Post by arnaleigh »

ibooks had hundreds and hundreds of free books! They also have a book of the week that you usually have to pay for but its free for one week only. I've managed to find plenty of decent free books there :)
Latest Review: "Risking Exposure" by Jeanne Moran
Ja5mne
Favorite Author: Bronte Sisters
Favorite Book: Destiny by Sally Beauman
Currently Reading: Christmas on Main St
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ja5mne.html

Post by Ja5mne »

Hi Brittany,
I like the same type books of you and just recently did a haul on amazon. I think most of these books are free or 99 cents but that can change sometimes book on amazon are only free or discounted for a limited amount of time.

Meeting Destiny by Nancy Straight ( I have not finished this book yet but its a romance and seems to have a paranormal theme as well )

Gathering Their Mates by ML Briers ( all of her books are amazing paranormal romances I almost always find a character I fall in love with )

The Vampire Coalition by JS Scott (this is a series I started with book 1 : Ethan's Mate but I found if you wanted to you could read the books separately you wont miss anything from the story but its nice IMO to know more about the background characters in each book )

Forbidden Disclosure by Terri Marie Now this book is a modern romance that I just happened to pick up and didn't read for awhile because frankly the blurb sucked. But don't let it fool you! Once I got around to reading this gem I was completely enraptured, yes there were times when I want to punch the main character and other times when I wanted to kiss him. IMO this is how modern romance should be done!!!
RadiantColour

Post by RadiantColour »

I just finished reading (for free);

Angel Fire by Hanna Peach which was really, really good - met all your criteria too.

Natural Selection (Forces of Nature) by Elizabeth Sharp about magic, coming-of-age, love. (But part of a series, the rest is not free at the moment).

Wyrd Girl by Jon Jacks which is shorter, paranormal, interesting story concept.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

amazon posts hundreds of free books each month, i do my best to read as many as i can and i'm amazed at how many are actually really good. the great part is when i get a book i don't like it didn't cost me anything, i just delete it and move on. I have over 1700 ebooks that were free on amazon
KatsReviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsreviews.html

Post by KatsReviews »

I have only really read like teenage books that are free, if you like that style I would recommend Unenchanted by Chanda Hahn or Clockwise by Elle Strauss
Hearty Guy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hearty-guy.html

Post by Hearty Guy »

Zannie wrote:I agree with the above posters. Unfortunately it is hard to recommend a FREE ebook because, unless they are classics and out of copyright, they may be free one day but not the next. For example I got THE BOY WHO LIVED WITH GHOSTS for free but saw that you now have to pay for it.

I think the best thing would on Amazon click on 'browse' then 'Romance' the 'sort by price: lowest to highest'. Good luck.
Here is an anthology that you can try if you don't mind browsing a bit outside your normal genre:

Of Words and Water - 2013 You can download it for free anytime on Smashwords at:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/330936
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/330936

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”