Recommended free ebooks for kindle or Ibooks

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
aryadeleke
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Recommended free ebooks for kindle or Ibooks

Post by aryadeleke »

I know of Project Gutenberg but I believe almost all are old. You can get the entire works of Plato, Aristotle, Ayn Rand if you please. There are websites that will let you read online without downloading. Good luck
drherbie

Post by drherbie »

Job Ready Guide with AMAZON
“Getting and Keeping a Job

By Collin K. Francis, BBA, MIB
A Practical Comprehensive Guide for Job Seekers, Resent Hires, Graduates, Students, Teachers,
Recruiters and Parents
loganmatson321

Post by loganmatson321 »

Is there any free ebook available which contains horror or mysterious story? :?:
Crysaniarai

Post by Crysaniarai »

brittany - i don't know any free ones off the top of my head, but let me recommend www-dot-pixelofink-dot-com (sorry to write it out like that - i'm a new member so i can't post links yet!)

the site lists free and discounted eBooks a couple times a day. it seems there is always variety in the types of books posted from day to day, so hopefully you'll find something to spark your interest. good luck!

~tess~
ylisa7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: It Varies
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 25127">The Elephant Whisperer</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3456
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ylisa7 »

I use Daily Free Books. I signed up and receive an e-mial each morning with a list of free books for the day. Today there are 773 new free books so far and the site has 19518 free books in their archives.

Here is the site link if you want to sign up:
http://www.dailyfreebooks.com
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde

理沙
bullshop1

Post by bullshop1 »

You can go to Amazon ebooks, choose your category on the left side of the page, when that comes up, click on the drop down box on the right that has books priced from low to high and you will find many free books that way.
ericaNmike1112
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericanmike1112.html

Post by ericaNmike1112 »

I just finished the 1929 series by M.L. Gardner. They were fantastic! There are 6 books in the series and I found them all free on Amazon. They have a great mix of romance , action and mystery. I felt like I knew all the characters personally and was sad when I finished the last book.
eroticthrillride

Post by eroticthrillride »

I would highly suggest Discovery of Passion by Michael W Sidden. I recently got it at kindle store and it is very good. It is erotica but worth the read. Can't speak for how long it will be free though. Confessions of a Small Town Librarian by A. McEwan is a really good as well and is currently free.
raindropwriter
Favorite Author: Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Book: Twenties Girl
Currently Reading: Strugling for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raindropwriter.html
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
fav_author_id: 2960

Post by raindropwriter »

Hi, you gotta check smashwords and amazon. They offer lots of freebie everyday. Subscribe to freedailybooks on twitter, maybe. They tweet links of latest free and dollar ebooks available on amazon.
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
AslansCompass
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aslanscompass.html

Post by AslansCompass »

Also, if a book is old enough, it might be out of copyright. Amazon has hundreds of classics available as free ebooks--the formatting isn't always perfect, but for authors like Dickens and Twain, it's worth checking out.
BearMountainBooks
Favorite Author: Frank Tuttle
Favorite Book: When Demons Walk -Patricia Briggs
fav_author_id: 13598

Post by BearMountainBooks »

Not free, but the Diane Tregarde books by Mercedes Lackey are on sale for $1.99 each on Amazon--the entire series is 4 books. It's Urban Fantasy from years ago and quite good.

I don't think there are a lot of kobo reader people here, but if you have an Ipad you can download the kobo reader for ipad and there is a trivia contest going on right now for coupons that can be applied to certain books. I've picked up 99 cent books with a 50 percent off coupon from there. You can download the book and read on various tablets if you don't have a Kobo reader.

If you get the answer wrong, try again. You can always get a coupon for some amount although I think if you get the answer wrong you can't win the free ereader. Not sure about that though.

I'm too new to post a link...sorry. You might be able to find the contest by googling it or going to kobo's website. I have a link on my blog to it too if you're really interested.
BearMountainBooks

anu_ wrote:Brittany, I read The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker a couple of months back. It was a free kindle edition and the story is a thriller set in the era of Steam in a fantasy land called Turgonia. The protagonist is a woman law enforcer with an unusual name Amaranthe Lokdon. Quite liked the book and it was free the last time I checked.

The first part of Wool by Hugh Howey is also available as a free short eBook on kindle. But, the story is so addictive that I ended up buying Omnibus paperback edition and thankfully I absolutely loved it. Actually, many times only a part of good eBooks are available for free, and you have to spend money to buy the rest :(

But, as you are interested in free novels, I think you should try classics which are available free of cost at Amazon, Kobo and Google Play Books. The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie and The Man Who Knew Too Much by G. K. Chesterton are the ones I read this year as eBooks and they are absolutely worth a read.
I've read another of Lindsay Buroker books--VERY good. We did it as a buddy read at the blog. I can't think of the name of it offhand. But it was quite good. It was urban fantasy.

I know of some cheap mysteries (99 cents) but I don't know of any that are free right now!
Mmissyrea

Post by Mmissyrea »

I look/get books for free whenever I can.
BearMountainBooks

I blogged this freebie and a Kobo sale on my blog:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... to-die-for (Pedigree to Die for is the title) is free today only at Kobo, Amazon and B&N. It's the B&N book of the day and Kobo and Amazon matched the price.

Kobo also has a weekend sale going with a large selection of books marked 30 percent off (you have to enter a coupon). Those aren't matched anywhere that I know of.

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... 2Ftgifsale

Code is: TGIFSAVE30

If you have a tablet, you can download the Kobo app and read kobo books on your tablet, but you cannot read kobo books on Kindle e-ink readers. I don't know if kobo books will work on Nook, but they will work on Nook or Kindle tablets if you download the app from Kobo.
Maria saw her first dragon while gardening. The gnome tried to take pictures, but dragons are very fast. The fairy finally snapped a shot, but the dragon came by and flamed it to ashes! No one wants to get burned so, sadly, there will not be pictures!
midgetgem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midgetgem.html

Post by midgetgem »

I have a Kobo (WHSmith's) and I have been really enjoying reading Pride and Prejudice, which is a free ebook on this store. Other classics like Little Women, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Anne of Green Gables are also free and definitely worth a read!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”