Kobo users

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Chabou87
Currently Reading: L'Assommoir
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chabou87.html
Reading Device: B00XKBY94O

Re: Kobo users

Post by Chabou87 »

I am user of the Kobo Glo, I really appreciate the look of it because it reminds me a lot of paper. It's pretty handy when you're doing lots of transportation (subway for the win)! Also the Kobo Glo like hinted in its name, glows! When you want more light to read you can light it up. The lightning design is a DEL that lights the screen vertically instead of horizontally. This way the provided light doesn't hit your eyes directly using them less.
Although I had a little rough with the wannabe "hot corners". I have to touch somewhere on the screen to get to the menu, another place for the screen settings. Nevertheless, you get us to it!
Staceylhines
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-staceylhines.html
Reading Device: B0054OWZVY

Post by Staceylhines »

I have had 2 kobo touches, but now use the kobo app on my tablet and my smartphone
Umh
Currently Reading: The defence
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umh.html

Post by Umh »

I can see a lot of people have the kobo ereader on here , although I don't own the ereader, I do use the app on an ipad pro and feel it's really good! I hadn't heard of it until I started to look for books to read online , even though the app is good I don't think I would buy the ereader or any ereader for that matter as there's not much you can do on them but read lol ... prefer the ipad as an all rounder with the kobo reading app.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I use the kobo app on my phone, it was the first reading app I had ever used. I like it a lot, the layout looks nice and is clean, and it has a lot of extra options you can choose from while you're reading. I also like the fact that they give you achievement things for various reader milestones. :P

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”