Do You ever read Kindle books Online thru your browser?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Tasnia001

Re: Do You ever read Kindle books Online thru your browser?

Post by Tasnia001 »

I do, like someone said, sometimes it's just the only way
m_buckner
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-buckner.html

Post by m_buckner »

I recently discovered that I could read Kindle books through my browser. I haven't done so yet, but it would give me a larger screen. Honestly, if my husband had not given me a Kindle for Christmas a couple of years ago, I would not have considered it at all. I still love traditional books, but I've also gotten hooked on the Kindle.
Bananacat
Favorite Author: Too many to decide
Favorite Book: Any book on the market
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bananacat.html
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey

Post by Bananacat »

I never realised this was possible, I have always downloaded the books straight to my kindle. Since I love reading books so much it might be something I should investigate. :-)
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey
booksprite+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksprite.html

Post by booksprite+ »

I've never used my laptop for reading books. It would be way too uncomfortable for me to sit at my desk for long periods of time. I much prefer the sofa.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

No. I prefer to read on my Kindle.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Uncle Aaron

Post by Uncle Aaron »

I never did until my tablet broke. Now it's my primary way of reading e-books. I don't have to buy/worry about losing a tablet anymore this way.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

i use calibre, a program i downloaded for free for my computer. it allows me to read the ebook when i want ( it opens right back where i left off) i can make the text as big or as small as i'd like. i can also convert the file to a different format to transfer it from my ipod to kindle or vise versa
madness_lady_black

Post by madness_lady_black »

it is so much tiring for the eyes to sit in front of the computer to read! And I too, prefer feeling the pages and the smell of paper :)
Ashley Hiddles
Favorite Author: Far too many
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: The Heart-Shaped Box
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-hiddles.html

Post by Ashley Hiddles »

Very rarely. I usually find it much more convenient to use my kindle. The browser has a nice set up and is fine to use, but I do a lot of my reading either in bed or sprawled across the floor, so my reader is much more convenient.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

Just read a wonderful book on my laptop that was absolutely FREE from Amazon...........i enjoy switching from Kindle to P.C., to real books just for variety...still prefer " real " books though, hands down...

" Yellow Crocus " was a real page turner...( if there was a " page ) :)
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

i just started using booklending.com and it is wonderful it matches me up with books i want to read and people lend them to me for free via amazon, i then select the books i have purchased on amazon and they match me up with readers looking for those books. the really awesome part is they notify me if any books on my borrow list go on sale or are free for the day. :) you can select how many books you would like to receive each week and have 7 days to accept the loan and 14 days to read it.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Nah, I borrow free e-books thru my public lending library. They've got Zinio e-magazines as well and I can keep 'em.
I read on my PC, laptop and iPhone but my favourite for versatility is my iPad Mini.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
soccerstar95
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerstar95.html
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Post by soccerstar95 »

I've actually stopped using my Kindle entirely and usually only read on my computer through the Kindle app.
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot
LittleWilma
Favorite Author: Jeff Melton
Favorite Book: Dark Destiny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlewilma.html

Post by LittleWilma »

I read a couple of books on the computer before got a Kindle and I didn't really like it and have not done it since I got the Kindle.
"I like liquor — its taste and its effects — and that is just the reason why I never drink it."
-Stonewall Jackson
hm0060
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hm0060.html

Post by hm0060 »

I do - I don't recommend it. If you have an iPhone, iPad, anything - you can download the kindle app for free and read it on there. I prefer that so much more!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”