Tablet or ereader

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
chibisa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Tablet or ereader

Post by chibisa »

No, It is very tired eyes. I like read book than. But it download anytime and i don't need go where. And I like. Than, it is cheaper. If you buy book can expensive but with it, you almost no cost.
Smitha Nayak

Post by Smitha Nayak »

There was a time when eReaders and tablets occupied very separate places in the device market. eReaders downloaded and displayed books — simple — while tablets took on the more complicated task of running interactive apps, playing video and accessing the Internet.

Well, that isn't the case anymore. eReaders are beginning to encroach on tablet territory with color touch screens and Internet browsing capabilities, while tablets are looking to outdo eReaders in the way they display books.

Even so, there are still many differences in the functionality of eReaders and tablets and a lot of differences between the different types of models in each category. The best way to approach the decision is to work out what it is you want to do.
Neleh403
Favorite Author: Diane Chamberlain
Favorite Book: The stand by Stephen King
Currently Reading: Of mice and men
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neleh403.html
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
fav_author_id: 2413

Post by Neleh403 »

I use both. I'm a Kindle fan but when I'm reviewing books it's easier to down load them to my I pad.
Latest Review: "Plymouth Discovery" by Bill Brown
booksprite+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksprite.html

Post by booksprite+ »

I much prefer my Kindle over my tablet. It has a more cozy intimate feel to it for some reason.
robertcjgraves
Favorite Author: Too Many
Favorite Book: Too Many
Currently Reading: And the Mountains Echoed

Post by robertcjgraves »

I prefer my Kindle Paperwhite to my iPad mini for reading; however, the iPad mini is serviceable and it allows you to listen to relaxation music and read all with one device. Still, I think Kindle Paperwhite is the way to go for serious ebook readers.
Robert C.J. Graves
Author of Richard, Zombie King and Diamond Eye
rahul11

Post by rahul11 »

Ereader are best for reading books than tablet
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I have never read from an actual ereader but I have found that my money would be better spent on a tablet because I have more options as to what I can put on the device than with an ereader.
Snoopielyn

Post by Snoopielyn »

I have both an original Kindle with the e-ink display and a Kindle Fire. I find myself using both of them. If I'm reading well before bed, I use the e-ink Kindle, as it has better battery life and is lighter. At bedtime, I use the Kindle Fire so that I can turn the light out and read. They both serve their purpose quite well.
Aussie-reader

Post by Aussie-reader »

I don't have a specific e reader but reading on iPad is very easy.

I don't see the need for an additional device as an e reader myself.
W-Harbinger
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-w-harbinger.html
Latest Review: "Branded" by Katie Hamstead

Post by W-Harbinger »

I love reading on my Nexus 10. I have a Nook, but I gave it to my sister-in-law after I got my tablet.
Latest Review: "Branded" by Katie Hamstead
LizzyFaye
Favorite Book: Beautiful Disaster
Currently Reading: Marked Men series
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzyfaye.html

Post by LizzyFaye »

I thought reading on my kindle was the greatest thing ever! Then I tragically broke it in the middle of reading the Beautiful Disaster series so I downloaded the kindle app on my phone just to finish the book. Once I got over the pain of my kindles death I realized I could read on my tablet and it was like I was experiencing a whole new world for the first time! I absolutely love reading from my tablet! I had an old kindle so it didn't have a backlight or anything, so the tablet was marvelous!! There is no need to replace my kindle :)
Aussie-reader

Post by Aussie-reader »

I have an iPad and I read books on it. Never had any problem with eye strain or battery running out quickly or anything else.

I would never get a separate e reader myself because I take my iPad everywhere with me in my handbag,I can then have book, Internet etc all, available at any time - I do not want to have to cart around an extra device just for reading books.

-- 14 Mar 2014, 12:56 --

Oops, forgot I already answered in this thread :oops:
Zannie
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reading Device: B000FI73MA

Post by Zannie »

I got a tablet for work. If I change the display/contrast settings on my phone and tablet to its lowest point, then I can read without much eye strain. The only thing is I can't read from them in the sun as I can't see the page. With my 1st generation kindle I can read easily whilst outside in the sun. It is also lighter to hold.
KirstyJ1994
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirstyj1994.html

Post by KirstyJ1994 »

I have a Lenovo tablet which I have read a few books on and would recommend to people. I would rather have a tablet as it does so much more than just reading books compared to an ereader, however I do like the screens on ereaders as they looks more like books.
Winter
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter.html
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Post by Winter »

I have an iPad and an old Kindle, without a touch screen. I read mostly on the iPad now because the touch screen is easier and I can't read on my Kindle in the dark. I'm tempted to get a Kindle Paperwhite, but it seems like just another extra expense that I don't need. I'm getting pretty tired of the battery life running out so fast on the iPad, though, so I'll probably give in eventually.
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”