Tablets

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
peverroad
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Tablets

Post by peverroad »

i read on my kindle and love it, recently started reading on an ipad and it isn't so bad
OregonGirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oregongirl.html

Post by OregonGirl »

I love reading on my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I use the kindle app most of the time.
Jhinuk

Post by Jhinuk »

Although I had an earlier generation Kindle and recently bought a Kindle Paperwhite for my mom, I read on my Samsung Tab 3. Aldiko is great, and I sync my Kindle books on my Kindle app as well. The biggest advantage is that you carry one device for your other functions such as calling, texting etc (I'm typing this from my Tab as well), while keeping thousands of books on it. So now I prefer owning a single device rather than buy dedicated ebook readers.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I read 90% of my books on my iPad 4. I never thought I'd ever end up saying this, but I couldn't live without my ipad, as cliche as this sounds. I can install several apps for reading various book formarts, love it!
ToniMarie

Post by ToniMarie »

When my husband bought me a tablet with the thought of "the guy at the store said you can also read your books on this with the kindle app" I will admit I was not thrilled. I loved my Kindle and couldn't see myself part with it ever. The thought of using my tablet to read seemed like I was cheating myself out of the experience of reading eBooks. But after my Kindle decided to no longer work I decided to give it a try. I love it!! Plus my tablet has color in which my kindle didn't. So when my children read books on it its more fun for them!
ipekbunsal
Currently Reading: Gift of Prophecy
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ipekbunsal.html
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner

Post by ipekbunsal »

I read e books on my tablet.
I have W8 tablet but my dad has an android, i love google's reader. it is so much fun to read with it
“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”
― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
Latest Review: "Gift of Prophecy" by Lina Gardiner
NookWorm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nookworm.html

Post by NookWorm »

I read books on my iPad and iPhone
castor
Favorite Author: G.G. Marquez
Favorite Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Palace of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-castor.html
Latest Review: "Dangerous Obsessions" by Bob Van Laerhoven
Reading Device: B002R5UYXY

Post by castor »

i prefer a device that is only for reading, like an e-reader. and there are basically three reasons for that. one is that reading on a tablet/phone, you easily get distracted by other apps, e-mail, twitter etc. the second is the battery. reading on the tablet/phone drains the battery and it very frustrating when you need it. the third is that the e-ink technology is better for reading than the screens of the tablets/phones
Latest Review: "Dangerous Obsessions" by Bob Van Laerhoven
jessbailey1984
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessbailey1984.html

Post by jessbailey1984 »

I enjoy ebooks, and use the kindle app on both my android tablet, and my phone. I like that with the two of them synchronized I can use either or depending on my mood or situation. Although it can be quite annoying if the two devices don't totally sync and I have to hunt for where I am in the book.
NookWorm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nookworm.html

Post by NookWorm »

I use both my iPad and iPhone to read my ebooks
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

I think the glare diminishes the reading experience, but that's just me. I'd rather just stick with an e-reader.
Ashezz143
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashezz143.html
Reading Device: B00D02AGU4

Post by Ashezz143 »

I use my Samsung Tablet more then I ever did my cell phone.. Everything is on my tablet books, music, photos, docs, EVERYTHING lol I had a kindle that I would read books from but felt weird not having my tablet around so gave that over to my other half (:
mylittlesofy

Post by mylittlesofy »

I use my Kidle Fire for reading.
elegance51

Post by elegance51 »

I read on my Android Tablet with Pocketbook app. Simply love it!!
Reading traditionally is great but many of my favorite books have gotten destroyed over time. So, I think the problem is solved by e-readers. This is why I e-read.
Rizbi
Currently Reading: The Girl in the Spider's Web
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizbi.html
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Rizbi »

I prefer to read on my kindle. However, a couple of times I had to read from my ipad, while waiting for my kindle to charge. I did not find it as comfortable as reading from my kindle though.
Latest Review: "Patrick's Journey" by Roy T Humphreys

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”