Tablets

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Swalka1991
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Currently Reading: Night Shift by Nora Roberts
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swalka1991.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Re: Tablets

Post by Swalka1991 »

I used to. Before I received my kindle fire, I used the kindle app on my tablet to read. Since getting the kindle, though, I've discovered that I like it a whole lot more. I can still play and use all the same apps as before, but opening my books - and finding them for that matter! - is a whole lot easier.

Still, though, if a tablet's what you have, then it's not a bad deal. :)
d_mossbu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-d-mossbu.html

Post by d_mossbu »

One of the main reasons why I switched to a 7 inch tablet from a 10 inch was for eBooks. Even with a lighter tablet like the iPad, 10 inches is simply to big. My Nexus 7 is a powerful performing tablet and as far as I'm concerned the best tablet available in the slightly over $200 price range. 7 inches is perfect for reading, and rather than spending at least $100 for a Kindle, I get all my Kindle books on my Nexus and I have a full powered tablet.
mhocking14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhocking14.html

Post by mhocking14 »

I read books on my kindle, but I prefer paperback books. Sometimes it's just easier to download a book than it is to go to the store.
Totoro
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html
Latest Review: "The Crystal Heart Volume 1" by Anthony Swinsinski

Post by Totoro »

I have used a Kindle 2 since it first came out and just received an iPad mini for Christmas. I am curious which people prefer. I have not tried to use the Kindle App on the iPad yet, but my daughter has used one of the free book apps. What do people think about the two? The iPad will give me the option to see things in color (not a big draw for most books) and have a back light, but it seems like it could have a lot of glare.
yuri

Post by yuri »

I recently bought the Hudl and find it very impressive indeed
kelsmercer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsmercer.html

Post by kelsmercer »

I read books on my iPad. I used to really like reading paperback books. I loved the feeling of cracking spines and wearing out books that I loved with annotations, dogearing, and highlighters... but, in all honestly, reading on a tablet has so many more advantages. Especially being a college student, books are cheaper and they're easier to carry around. Also, you can get a whole bunch of books for free and you can even rent some books on some apps.
Totoro
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-totoro.html

Post by Totoro »

kelsmercer wrote:I read books on my iPad. I used to really like reading paperback books. I loved the feeling of cracking spines and wearing out books that I loved with annotations, dogearing, and highlighters... but, in all honestly, reading on a tablet has so many more advantages. Especially being a college student, books are cheaper and they're easier to carry around. Also, you can get a whole bunch of books for free and you can even rent some books on some apps.
Does the glare bother you, or is it even very noticeable?
abhivnair

Post by abhivnair »

Real books is better than e books
kelsmercer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelsmercer.html

Post by kelsmercer »

Totoro wrote:Does the glare bother you, or is it even very noticeable?
The glare almost never bothers me, if it does, then I just turn up the brightness a little. If you're worried about how comfortable it is on the eyes, I'd be more concerned about the brightness at night. Even on its lowest setting, it's very straining.
mytwoTs
Favorite Book: the alchemist
Currently Reading: because I said so by Kern jennings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytwots.html

Post by mytwoTs »

I read books on my Samsung tablet as well as real paper back books. But I feel tablets reading has it's advantages, for kids especially.. U can rest in peace knowing they cannot tear the pages off or scribble or spoil the book. Plus u can also put a timer on what they read when they and how long they read.
sglee425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sglee425.html

Post by sglee425 »

I tried reading on my son's Nook HD, but didn't like reading books on it because of the back lit display. Magazines in color were fine, but did not like reading books on it.
yuri

Post by yuri »

kelsmercer wrote:
Totoro wrote:Does the glare bother you, or is it even very noticeable?
The glare almost never bothers me, if it does, then I just turn up the brightness a little. If you're worried about how comfortable it is on the eyes, I'd be more concerned about the brightness at night. Even on its lowest setting, it's very straining.
If you find it uncomfortable I have a little wrinkle that works. Read at night with your sunglasses on. I have tinted glasses of 25% due to photophobia and the Hudl in the evening is comfortable on my eyes so it should be on anyone's.
WriterBLAlley

Post by WriterBLAlley »

If you do, get a 7" like the Nexus 7, or my favorite alternative, the Hisense Sero Pro. They can be held on one hand, and are a good alternative to a paperback. They are also better for eReading than the over-hyped iPads.
KirstyJ1994
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirstyj1994.html

Post by KirstyJ1994 »

I prefer real book but have read a few ebooks on my tablet.
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I haven't before, but I think it would be just as good as a ereader

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”