Did You Know There Are Borrowing/Lending Sites for eReaders?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Valenavarro96
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valenavarro96.html

Re: Did You Know There Are Borrowing/Lending Sites for eRead

Post by Valenavarro96 »

I have heard about it but never trully done it before. i dont have a kindle or a nook and havent done research on wether it works for ibooks. However, nothing beats a paperback/hardcover. Its just a nicer feeling for me to actually hold the book in my hands, but one has to do what one has to do to get their daily fix
Of reading.
Mmissyrea

Post by Mmissyrea »

I spend $500 a month. I never knew you could lend ebooks. I guess I learned something today. I will have to investigate this further.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have borrowed from my library but not everything I am looking for is available as an ebook there. Thanks for this information.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

My local library allows ebook borrowing. I have been able to read a lot of best sellers for free this way.
melissaharmon

Post by melissaharmon »

I sometimes borrow through my library. Although I didn't know you could lend them, I will have to check out the websites you mentioned.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I have been borrowing from my library for some time now and I cannot tell you how much money it has saved me! It also lets me read some books that I am unsure of whether I would like them or not without shelling out the cash to buy them. I use Overdrive to check the books out digitally.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
DesperateBookJunkie

Post by DesperateBookJunkie »

Many libraries offer free book lending for e-book devices. Also Kindle and Nook owners can lend certain digital e-books to each other for free. I've heard of websites who offer this service but don't have any personal experience with them.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

Dphaber wrote:This seems too easy to abuse... But I still love that people have set up these kinds of services! Thanks so much for putting this up here for us!

yvw
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Thanks for the tip, it seems like a great idea to lend and borrow books online as well.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
sember987
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sember987.html

Post by sember987 »

I didn't know about these sites. I will go check them out now thanks. I use the library for most of my digital books, but they don't always have what I'm looking for.
WinterCandyMints
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wintercandymints.html

Post by WinterCandyMints »

This sounds awesome.
lincolnp

Post by lincolnp »

I have borrowed books for my Kindle from the local library. Also you can lend books to friends and family. My brother-in-law lent me a book, he was all excited and called to let me know (he was so cute) unfortunately I had already read the book. I did try to lend "The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo" etc. to my daughter but Kindle did not allow it. Kind of frustrating. I will have to let her know about these lending sites. Thanks for the info.
Chrystal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal.html

Post by Chrystal »

I normally use the library for borrowing book titles. I thank you for letting me know about Lendle.
Wishing you a terrific read, Chrystal
athyvip
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athyvip.html

Post by athyvip »

Yep! There are also websites where you can get free classics... Be sure to check those out as cell
LivreLover80

Post by LivreLover80 »

I was just thinking about the implications e-readers have for libraries and wondered if they were offering to lend out ebooks. I usually like to have my own copy of the books I love so I can revisit at will, but this is a wonderful opportunity to read some books that you may not necessarily want to reread.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”