Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

Whichever. As long as I can get my hands on a good book, give it to me. Space wise, and e-reader is more efficient for me, but if I had the space, I'd definitely go for it.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
JBelkBooks
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbelkbooks.html

Post by JBelkBooks »

I love, love, love, paperbacks! I love holding the physical copy in my hands, and then having the ability to collect them overtime! Yes, eBooks are generally cheaper, but I personally enjoy collecting and having them physically in my living space. eBooks are definitely more "neat" and "compact", with all your reading material in the same place. But, again, paperbacks for the win! :D
Sanderson Blue
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sanderson Blue »

I love sitting down with an actual book. Feeling the book in my hand and turning pages is part of the whole experience. It feels a lot more relaxing to have a book in my hand than a device. It feels like a more leisurely experience and it's much easier on my eyes, as well. Reading is one of my favoured activities and as a single mom I don't get a lot of chances to relax so I will continue to read with actual book in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.
ashpop2110

Post by ashpop2110 »

eBook is good
MarinaY
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the sorcer's stone
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by MarinaY »

For quite a few years my vision was so bad the only way I could read books was an ereader, I love paper books but I needed it, so they're definitely not something to be looked down upon.
Lyday
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Lyday »

Paper book anytime. I just love the smell!
CianaStone

Post by CianaStone »

I love books - hardback, paperback or ebook, it doesn't matter, but I do find it easier to curl up with soft candlelight with my Kindle :-)
mtevanss
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtevanss.html

Post by mtevanss »

I love paper books. I love the smell of the pages and the sound of the paper as I turn the page. I get a certain kind of nostalgia when reading the paper copy of a book. From childhood to a young adult, going to the library was a favorite pastime. Reading a paper book reminds me of those years.
Fyrerescue29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fyrerescue29.html

Post by Fyrerescue29 »

I love both. On my iPad I have nook and kindle apps along with iBooks and my shelves are full!! I also subscribe to Scribd for more eBooks every month. At the same time, I love receiving physical books from the book club I belong to. I guess though I really favor eBooks because I spend a lot of time in the hospital and the portability is a huge factor. Also, I know that when I finish a book, another one is available with just a few keystrokes. Not that I'm going to run out of reading material any time soon though!!! Lol
TetDaath

Post by TetDaath »

I actually prefer paper books over ebook. There's just something with it that allows me to take in what I read and to really be in the story. Also, the act turning pages is a bit rewarding too, no?

However, as much as I prefer a paper book over an ebook, there's just way too many books that I am interested in which is impossible to find in the areas I go to.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

I'll always go for paper books. Though I admit I have tons of ebooks on my tbr, I'd still love to have my own book copy. Sometimes I read the ebook versions first and if I think it's a good buy, a must-have and a favorite, then and there I will decide to buy one for myself.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
kc3po311
Currently Reading: Letters for Dad
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kc3po311.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by kc3po311 »

I do both. As someone else has stated, there have been a ton of books I have downloaded I never would have found otherwise. I also have a great book collection, mostly of series I frequently will reread or simply before I got a Kindle. I continue to purchase books if it's a series I will read entire series of.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

Ebooks are great, but I still like having a physical copy. I like seeing the book and holding it. The sound of the pages turning makes me happy :D
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I enjoy reading through paper books and Ebooks. I enjoy paper books because it is so traditional and I enjoy the smell of books. I get a certain high from smelling them lol. I enjoy Ebooks because they are convenient and easier to get. I guess you can call me a hybrid reader. I'm also a hybrid writer as I would prefer to publish books through traditional and self-publishing.
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Catarina Ferreira
Currently Reading: Sinto-te
Bookshelf Size: 122

Post by Catarina Ferreira »

I choose both. I don’t have problems on reading in an e-reader. I still like to go to a book store, read and smelling the books and, eventually buy it. The reason why I sometimes choose an e-book over a paper book it’s because of the price.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”