Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
waniyaahmed
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ebook or paper book?

Post by waniyaahmed »

I know there is this hype around ebooks and readers, but honestly speaking I just don't get it! curling up with a good book, especially after a long day is my favourite thing and you just don't get the same feel with the readers. And who doesn't love a full book shlef anyway? What are your thoughts ebook or the real thing?
Andi73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andi73.html

Post by Andi73 »

I love having a good book in my hands & so agree with a bookshelf full of fantastic books. But I also have an ereader - it certainly makes life a lot easier when I'm travelling or out & about. It's also opened up a whole new world of books I never would of spotted in a convential bookstore. So both have positives for me.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

Well I have a fire hazard phobia,so I'm turning more and more to eBooks as more and more become available for my Kindle,even library books! I just returned one I finished last night,without even having to leave my home,(niiiice!).
I'm even starting to much prefer my Kindle over paperbooks because while reading the page doesn't close on me,and love being able to adjust the text size.
Midnightnova
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midnightnova.html

Post by Midnightnova »

E-book. I have gotten so used to reading online/on my Kindle.
InkyFox
Favorite Author: carrie jones
fav_author_id: 8416

Post by InkyFox »

I prefer physical copies. I am an avid reader, plus my day job, and my writing career on top of that, makes too much reading on screens. It's ruining my eyes. I'll take a paper copy any day.
johansburg

Post by johansburg »

I think E-Book is the Best in the Modern Era ...
kasiviswanath

Post by kasiviswanath »

I have an ereader - it certainly makes life a lot easier when I'm travelling or out & about.
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

I think it feels soothing to my eyes to read with the e-ink of my Kindle,and my eyes don't tire nearly so quickly when reading on it as they do when I'm reading a paper book.
EmilyCook9410
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilycook9410.html

Post by EmilyCook9410 »

I love my nook to death but, I love the feel and smell of a traditional copy. I want my own personal library so bad.
Kimber945
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimber945.html

Post by Kimber945 »

I absolutely love reading the old fashioned way. The feel and smell just add to the experience. But I also will read on a Nook. I started out trying the color Nook which is great for some types like color mags. But the eye strain killed me. So I switched to the Nook Touch with glow light for power reading. It uses eInk and is great for reading in bed at night. I don't have to clip on a night light. I have found lots of free eBooks. So, I balance my reading across both formats now.

Kimberly 945
goodinbf

Post by goodinbf »

I'm an old-fashioned kind of girl. When I write, I sit down with a pen and paper. When I read, it's nice to be able to smell an old paperback. I love that. I must say, though, my Kindle has made reading easier. It's so compact and easy to bring while traveling. I love that I can finish a book and immediately start another without having to go to the library or go to my book shelf. I also love the plethora of free e-books available. It's definitely opened my eyes to books I never would have read before. I've read some great free books thanks to Amazon.
shadedragon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadedragon.html

Post by shadedragon »

:)
A good ole paperback is awesome to read, and I have to agree with goodinbf, I'm the pen and paper kinda girl too :P
Kindle though is quick to grab, and easy to flip through although it doesn't have that same touch paper does. For example, I tend to down hundreds of books within days on the kindle, while I have my limits at the library because of space and how many one can take out :) but I love both I guess, for different reasons :)
topazeagle

Post by topazeagle »

Knowing how much I read, my kids bought me a Kindle for Christmas 2011 and a gift card to buy books. I very quickly loaded it with great anticipation, but shall I say, it will never replace the real thing in my "book"! It's not physically as comfortable to hold, as easy to see, and since I read so much, I always have to recharge it. Oh, and if you can read while the car is moving(passanger!) like me, the shifts in light/shadow ( from trees, clouds) on the screen are aggravating, at times you can't see the words. Although you can take alot with you without the loss of space that books would occupy.
CelesteBC

Post by CelesteBC »

I am among the ebook resistant. I love the feel of paper in my hand and the physicality of reading. BUT I am sometimes tempted by the portability of ereaders, and my bookshelves are already too full! Maybe I will be purchasing one someday....
ashleydene
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashleydene.html

Post by ashleydene »

In my opinion there is nothing better than the smell of books. I have had a kindle and yes they are good for on the road or such scenerios but other than that I love the sight, smell and simple joys you get from actual books

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”