Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Maddy_Knapp01
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: The Fault in Our Stars
Currently Reading: Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddy-knapp01.html
fav_author_id: 2072

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Maddy_Knapp01 »

PAPER BOOK HANDS DOWN! I hate technology so much because half the time I can't work it and it's hard for me to navigate. Also it's annoying to have to charge the kindle/nook/ereader/whatever all the time and you can't read the book anymore whereas when you pick up a paper book you never have to worry about charging it and it's always good to have a physical copy of a book.
treeleafangel403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-treeleafangel403.html

Post by treeleafangel403 »

paperbook!!!!
Lilla

Post by Lilla »

Why choose? Both are good for specific circumstances.
I agree with you on the fact that nothing can compare to having a good book in your hand but my Kindle alleviates my anxiety when I'm on holiday and I fear not having anything to read because I can only take one/two books with me.
Alden Loveshade
Favorite Author: Whoever I am reading

Post by Alden Loveshade »

I'm old-fashioned enough to love to hold a book in my hand, especially either a very new one or a very old one. And I love the smell of books in a library.

But I have so may book packed away in boxes that I haven't looked at in years, that it's nice to be able to carry 1,000 or so in my hand. I can access whatever I want to read very quickly, and finding a favorite quote I remember somewhere in a 500-page book is much, much easier electronically.

As for a book I've written, edited, or worked on in some way myself--I love holding it in my hand.
Brianaporter
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: Beautiful by Amy Reed
Currently Reading: Black Box by Julie Schumacher
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianaporter.html
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by Brianaporter »

Paper book. There is nothing wrong with ebooks I just usually don't read them quite that often.
Naomi
Favorite Author: Anais Nin
Favorite Book: The Great Gatsby
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naomi.html
fav_author_id: 4414

Post by Naomi »

I have only just started to read ebooks, which was a reluctant transition because I like everybody else love paper books. The feel and smell of the paper in particular and of course looking at a fully loaded bookshelf - love that !!

Ebooks are quick and convenient, but I will always prefer a paper book and will still keep buying them.
Dgrey

Post by Dgrey »

I prefer paper books as well, I can't tell you why actually...It's definetly not because I'm just against the hype, it's just that I like things to be classic and I hope I can keep that up for the rest of my life...but maybe one day nobody will print a book anymore and just publish it online...
montrealcl

Post by montrealcl »

In this 21st century e-books are really popular but some says it's not healthy
chongjasmine

Post by chongjasmine »

I prefer ebook.
Read my fiction at the site below.
http://www.fictionpress.com/~jasmine
siobhan
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siobhan.html

Post by siobhan »

i used to prefer books but i got the kindle paper white and i love it. so i now get as many ebooks as i do real books
NookWorm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nookworm.html

Post by NookWorm »

eBooks for me. I found since buying eBooks I have been reading more
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

Paper books ae quite expensive over here and not every book is available so its always e-books for me.
Read, read & eat then read some more
Kristien

Post by Kristien »

I love the smell of a new book but my Kindle makes my life so much easier! I can have the latest books in seconds without having to drive of in search of them. My Kindle also takes up a lot less space than books would which means I can buy more, read more and take it anywhere with out having to carry myself to death!
nana4jordan
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscope by Gail Bowen
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by nana4jordan »

I fought buying an e-reader, as I do love to curl up with a good book. In my current situation, I have two or 3 books one the go. One in the bedroom and one downstairs in the living room. However, I find that a paperback is uncomfortable for me to hold when reading in bed, especially the thick books, and forget hard cover they are too heavy. I lie down and read, never could get the hang of sitting up to read in bed. Hence, my decision to buy the e-reader for upstairs, and paper for downstairs. I understand that paper books may soon be gone due to shrinking resources.......what a sad thing, not only to lose the joy of reading from a book, but to the loss of jobs within the publishing industry, paper industry..........
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html

Post by rida »

nana4jordan wrote:I fought buying an e-reader, as I do love to curl up with a good book. In my current situation, I have two or 3 books one the go. One in the bedroom and one downstairs in the living room. However, I find that a paperback is uncomfortable for me to hold when reading in bed, especially the thick books, and forget hard cover they are too heavy. I lie down and read, never could get the hang of sitting up to read in bed. Hence, my decision to buy the e-reader for upstairs, and paper for downstairs. I understand that paper books may soon be gone due to shrinking resources.......what a sad thing, not only to lose the joy of reading from a book, but to the loss of jobs within the publishing industry, paper industry..........
I don't have different book for different place. This is something new I am hearing
Read, read & eat then read some more

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”