Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by bookowlie »

It's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other :) I love the look and the feel of a paper book. I love the way the cover and artwork looks. E-books have grown on me over the years. I find that I read faster with e-books. As others have mentioned, you can't beat the convenience of toting along an e-reader. Paper books are still my favorite, but e-books are certainly a close second.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
mazza27
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mazza27.html

Post by mazza27 »

I like to read books in hand. But if bookstores or libraries dont stock it, and i really want to read quickly, then i turn to the ebook reader.
abby_callan
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abby-callan.html

Post by abby_callan »

I love the traditional style novels more...but then nowadays ebooks are way much cheaper and what with the Wattpad whirlwind, so i'd go with both
Mkenijah

Post by Mkenijah »

I think paper book because you never know if the book you download is illegal or not.Plus i'm the type of person to wanna read my book all day and night and I would be mad if my phone died or i had to stop to go find my charger.
TheOceansVeil

Post by TheOceansVeil »

It is so much better having a real book! As long as it is not an old funky smelling one from the library. :roll:
bluemel4
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Currently Reading: The Dark Tower, Books 1-3
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluemel4.html
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6086

Post by bluemel4 »

I am more likely to read a physical book. It is easier for me to flip back and forth between chapters/pages . I enjoy the weight and the smell of them as well. But I must say this for Kindle Ereader app. It makes me read faster because it has an approx. amount of time until the book is finished and I like to beat the time. :P Of course, aside from the "game" I play, I cannot blame people who travel a lot or want instant access to books for enjoying ebooks instead of a paperback.
Latest Review: "Severed Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
cittin5
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cittin5.html

Post by cittin5 »

When I read I don't really care if I read in a book or on an Ereader as long as I can get lost in a new story each time I read a new book.
Snowball_96
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowball-96.html

Post by Snowball_96 »

I love having a paper back book I can hold and smell. The smell of books is amazing. I like being able to flip through the pages and looking back. I do have problems with reading ahead to the next page on books because I just can't wait to know what will happen. I also can never really find a comfortable position to when reading for a while.
tsharifi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsharifi.html

Post by tsharifi »

I find that e-readers are much more comfortable for me when reading in bed, I can prop them up and I don't need to struggle to hold the book open as is sometimes the case. However I never get as excited about reading from an e-reader as I do from a real book. I don't know, I think I just like the way it feels to hold a book and read from the paper.
anca
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anca.html

Post by anca »

Ebooks come with a large number of qualities : find, use, edit size, transport, price; but it cannot be compared to the pleasure of holding a book into you hands or seeing the best books stored into your house.
denigco
Favorite Author: Lizzy Charles
Favorite Book: Effortlessly With You
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denigco.html

Post by denigco »

Paper book during daytime, ebook during night :)
teel02
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teel02.html

Post by teel02 »

I have a Kindle and I love it. I do have to say though I still go to the Library and get paper books, because I love them too. I love the smell of the them and the weight of them. I like my kindle at night when my husband is sleeping so I don't have to turn on a light. I don't like that when I buy a new book and even some of the free books, I can't share them from my Kindle like you can a paper book. I like to trade and share my books.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

I absolutely agree. I have always loved the feel of a book in my hand and have always enjoyed seeing hundreds of books on my shelves. I know that a Nook or Kindle creates more storage space, and is probably considered easier for most people, but I have never seen the purpose either. Although I have considered getting one just for this website. Other than that though, I am for paper books all the way.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

I have to go with paperback. However, I think membership will increase use of the Kindle for convenience.
xXTranstasticXx
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Currently Reading: The Guardian by Nickolas Sparks
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxtranstasticxx.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by xXTranstasticXx »

There is nothing like a good book to help one relax and take time away from the real world for an hour or so, it should not matter what form of book it is. I prefer the actually book, being able to turn the page myself has a different feel then holding an iPad or nook scrolling to the next page. Both are convenient to have. It is pretty amazing to browse a bookshelf full of books at home, but when you are on the go it is not that easy to pack a bookshelf full of books on vacation or on a road trip. E readers make it easier to bring a online book shelf instead of having to just pick one book out of millions that you love. I am not biased when it comes how I read a book, but I do prefer paper copies.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”