Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Sweet_Lullaby
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-lullaby.html
Latest Review: "The Key-Stone of the Bridge" by Craig Meggy

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Sweet_Lullaby »

Before I discovered kindle, I loved books. Now that I use kindle, I say that if I find a book I like in regular book format, I'll read it, but kindle is my #1.
Latest Review: "The Key-Stone of the Bridge" by Craig Meggy
Book Worm 5
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-5.html

Post by Book Worm 5 »

I love ebook, because of how easy they are to get, but when it comes down to my preference; I would chose paper books. I just love turning the pages and being able to see how much I have read! :)
firestarian
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firestarian.html

Post by firestarian »

I am pretty open, sometimes there is nothing better than having a paper book in your hands, flipping the pages in anticipation and excitement to see what happens next. But sometimes I like laying in the dark with a small device like my phone.
Jean
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jean.html

Post by Jean »

Ebook at the moment mainly because it means I can read in the dark! :)
daretofail

Post by daretofail »

I'm in the Navy (Canada, not US). I have deployed for over six months five different times. One of the only things to do at sea during downtime is read. E-readers are perfect for sailors - lugging 20-30 paper books onto the ship where you have limited locker space isn't realistic. Likewise, being limited to the paltry selection of ship's library isn't always desired. Now I can deploy with hundreds of books, and I can read them in dim lighting. That being said, I still love the feeling of a real book.
Janik
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janik.html

Post by Janik »

Paper book hands down. Its just more fun to flip through the pages, stare at the cover and finally turn to the last page. Still love my ebooks though!
Stella White 47
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stella-white-47.html

Post by Stella White 47 »

I still like the idea of paper books, but as my eyes age, I can tell that I am going to have to switch, because the back-light does allow me to read much longer, and not get tired.
Poly
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-poly.html

Post by Poly »

Ebook all the way. Compact, lightweight, just as easy to read, more readily available. That said, regular books are becoming a rare, exotic treat. For example, I just can't bring myself to read LotR in any way but the all-in-one edition I originally got it in. The smell of that book... my god, it's so good.
KBlovesbooks
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kblovesbooks.html

Post by KBlovesbooks »

I like Ebooks when I travel but I love read books. I love everything about a real book to hold and smell. I love book stores. I really like old book stores. Sadly, I have to agree with Poly, regular books are becoming rare. I love used books and they are becoming harder and harder to find.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

I prefer a physical book,
I read my first ebook the other day and honestly it made my head hurt.
I hope once I get a Ipad itll be different. but I think I will always prefer a physical book.
plus I love the way they look on my shelves.
bookreaderrme
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreaderrme.html

Post by bookreaderrme »

When I'm at home, I love to read paper books. However, when I am waiting for appointments, practices, meetings to end etc. I love using my Kindle on my phone.
pretzelsnow
Favorite Author: Lynn Austin
Favorite Book: Long Time Coming by Edie Claire
Currently Reading: Silas Marner by George Elliot
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pretzelsnow.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 7595

Post by pretzelsnow »

kasiviswanath wrote:I have an ereader - it certainly makes life a lot easier when I'm travelling or out & about.
I agree.I have a nook and my sister is getting a kindle.I usually read these when I'm in my bed or traveling but I still prefer paperbacks over e-books anytime. There's just something about paperbacks, the smell, the feel on them in your hands, the satisfied feeling you get when you turn the last page etc. :shock:
When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann
3chicnP
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

Paperbook hands down. I have a Kindle with the whole collection of Diary of a Wimpy Kid & Dork Diaries because I don't want that on my bookshelf. I like have a physical copy of a book to add to the collection.
I am a free spirit
like mafia
Magnagaurd44

Post by Magnagaurd44 »

I like both, but an e-reader is easier to use and more practical. On the other side, nothing beats the smell of a new book :)
noseinabookbook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noseinabookbook.html

Post by noseinabookbook »

I am always, always, ALWAYS a paper book person! I love curling up with a good book, no need for a plug in and if I fall asleep while reading, it's easier to find my spot! A good book smells good, feels good & I have more of a sense of accomplishment finishing a paper book than an e-book!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”