Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Gingerpower94
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Gingerpower94 »

i adore the real thing. to feel the paper as you turn a page. you dont have to worry about the suns glare. i love seeing my shelf's over stuffed with books. i love the old books that have been passed on to me, the browned pages. the aged leather covers. hands down i would rather have a book in my hands then an ebook. sadly its a pain in the behind when your moving because a box of books weighs a ton
alexnicole3805

Post by alexnicole3805 »

I prefer both. With my Kindle I can carry thousands of books with me at one time, so this great when I'm traveling because I go through books like crazy. I also prefer my Kindle for summer reading by the pool because I have little cousins that find it hilarious to splash me and I can just grab a towel and pat my Kindle dry. When school rolls around paper books are a necessity considering ereaders aren't allowed. I also enjoy a nice paper book and some warm apple cider on rainy days.
croe0874
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-croe0874.html

Post by croe0874 »

Paper books will always be my preferred method of indulging my reading addiction but I have the Kindle app on my phone and I get a lot of free books with bookbub so I use it when I'm out and a paper book isn't convenient. Waiting on an oil change I can pull out my phone and usually get a chapter or two read, for example. :)
Ekta75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta75.html

Post by Ekta75 »

I guess I haven't found the right eBook reader... they give me headache compared to reading an actual book .. no strain on eyes... (or maybe less)
Phlo

Post by Phlo »

I must admit I like both the book and the e-book. I have a small place and e-books don't compete for space!
bekahh91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bekahh91.html

Post by bekahh91 »

I love both. I love having hard copies of the books to hold and read, but I always hated having to pack an extra bag just for books when we went on vacation. Ebooks makes that so much easier.
brandijohnosn84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandijohnosn84.html

Post by brandijohnosn84 »

Some people prefer paper books and others prefer e-books. I personally prefer e-books its just so much better than carrying around a bulky book plus I stay glued to my Android and that's what I read them on.
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Post by littlebook »

Paper. Ebooks are more convenient but I'll always prefer paper books.
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case
curlybookworm
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curlybookworm.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by curlybookworm »

As a voracious bookworm, I prefer to have a paper book than an e-book. The tangible book gives a good experience because I love to smell the aroma of both newly published book pages and classic ones, even the almost torn pages.

When you carry a book, you influence others in a subtle way. It can also spark a conversation.Who knows, the one seated next to you is another bookworm? You can tell, when he or she approaches you, "hey, so you're a Mitch Albom fan huh?" It happened to me! Thanks heavens, I had a good book companion, "The First Phone Call from Heaven"! :D
scorp0111
Favorite Author: Khaled Hosseini
Favorite Book: To Sir With Love by E R Braithwaite
Currently Reading: Kill List by Fredrick Forsyth
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scorp0111.html
fav_author_id: 2454

Post by scorp0111 »

Paper book any day....love the feel and smell of the paper book...instantly lifts my mood :)
W J Gunning

Post by W J Gunning »

Having an E-Reader means you can always have all your favorite books with you anywhere.
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I have both, each serves a different purpose, however all things considered , a REAL book wins hands down..
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
White Dove
Favorite Author: Dr. Seuss
Favorite Book: How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Currently Reading: All in the FAmily
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-white-dove.html
fav_author_id: 4823

Post by White Dove »

I really use both formats and have specific times when I chose one over the other. When I curl up in bed at night I usually prefer a real book. However, there are times when I want to read and my partner is trying to sleep and I read from my tablet so that a light won't disturb him.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I LOVE nothing more than the feel of a paper book in my hand. Especially if I want to go back and check out something else, I can kind of remember where in the book something occurred, just by the feel of it, and I like that feature a lot. And of course, we all know that old book smell as well. It's magical. However, I live in a tiny place overseas and move around/travel a lot, and it's just not practical or economical for me to take paper books with me everywhere. Plus, they take up so much room and cost a wee bit more than ebooks. So... I tend to stick with ebooks for now. I can carry as many books as I was around with me all day and it doesn't take up any more space than my tiny kindle.
vivadolce96

Post by vivadolce96 »

Paperbooks!! I too have to have the feel of the book in my hands and the bending back of the book. That's what draws me in! But, if I could, I would have versions of both. Paperback version and then an eBook version

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”