I dont like ebooks.

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
wevertex
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: I dont like ebooks.

Post by wevertex »

hi,
Friend but i like all kind of books . when i have free times always i use to read books.Thanks
poly
ShanL1229

Post by ShanL1229 »

I actually got a Kindle for Christmas a few years ago and have still yet to use it. It is so hard to give up the joy of holding a real book in your hand :)
suzy1124

Post by suzy1124 »

I agree, nothing like holding, feeling, smelling a REAL book in my hand....

Love my kindle for traveling tho, can't beat it!...pre-kindle i used to have to rip out pages of a guide book so as not to stuff my suit case w/a big fat book that took up too much room and ( weight )..

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
" We don't see things as they are but as we are "

Carpe Diem!

Suzy...
Gresca
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gresca.html

Post by Gresca »

I love my kindle and my books. The kindle is nice and I use it but I do prefer a good ole paper back book. I'm a hoarder of books and I like to be able to see them. When looking on the kindle at the book I own I just don't feel accomplished enough lol.
AliceRose
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

Post by AliceRose »

I don't like ebooks! My husband thinks I should get a Kindle as a space saver, because I always buy paperbacks. I just don't like them. They give me a headache and I really like having some good old-fashioned paper and ink to hold. :)
cooluser

Post by cooluser »

ebooks sucks really. The feel we get while reading books wont be there in ebboks.
sarahgraceface89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahgraceface89.html

Post by sarahgraceface89 »

Personally I am not a fan of ebooks, I need the feeling of the actual book in my hands. But I do love that ebooks provides a convenience to people that might otherwise not be reading.
Ck1219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ck1219.html

Post by Ck1219 »

I agree. I like real books; the feel and smell of them. There's nothing like the smell of a library early in the morning
srivolco
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Kane and Abel
Currently Reading: A Tale of the Malazan Book of the fallen
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srivolco.html
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by srivolco »

i wouldn't go as far as saying i don't like them but given a choice i would read a paper book than an e-book but when i think of the paper, the trees , the weight of carrying the book around i guess trade off is justified !
Cheers ,
Srivolco !!
Latest Review: "The Chosen of Ky'kias" by K.S. Lewis
greenasterisk

Post by greenasterisk »

Early on it was difficult for me to learn to adapt, but now e-reader has kind of become the norm for me. :D
DanBR

Post by DanBR »

I used to hate them and swore I’d never buy any, but my wife convinced me after she showed me some on her tablet. I still like to read paper books, to have the actual feel, like some here said, of holding the real thing in my hands, but I can see some benefits to using e-books, too. For one, you can change the font size, and I’m at an age when small fonts are becoming an issue :( . Also, it remembers where you left off (yes, I know there are bookmarks for real books, too, but how many can you have? I read too many and come back to them months later). You also save trees! That said, if you want to buy me a present, I’d like you more if you got me a real book, not a Kindle file. But for some books, especially nonfiction, e-books are – finally -- fine with me.
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by Loveabull »

I think ebooks have their place. If I traveled a lot it would be easier to bring a reader than lugging thirty pounds of reading material. I would think if you were disabled in some way it would be a way to get books without having to hunt and gather them. For some people they're terrific, I just prefer real books and magazines.
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."
tdkcarpenoctem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tdkcarpenoctem.html

Post by tdkcarpenoctem »

As I type on my kindle right now I understand why most people don't like ebooks. I said I wouldn't go there, but you can't argue with easier reading with bigger print sizes, a backlit screen, and relatives not griping about moving my books when they help. Also, all of them are at my fingertips, in whatever order I want. I still have many, many books I never want to give up though.
Starmy

Post by Starmy »

I love the kindle. I find it hard to get comfy when holding a book so the kindle fits me well. And as I love my dim lighting ( Fairy lights in my bedroom, ahhh ) the lighting works so well and I don't need the big light on!
Loveabull
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: Too many to count

Post by Loveabull »

I never thought about the advantage of back lighting and especially bigger print. Regular books are fine, but there are some magazines that are harder to read as your eyes get older...small print and they do page colors to add to the article but woof. Note to magazine editors...black on gray, gray on red, black or gray on blue...very difficult reading especially in dim light.
" The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it."

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”