I dont like ebooks.

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
veronica1828jm
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica1828jm.html

Re: I dont like ebooks.

Post by veronica1828jm »

I am glad I am not the only one. I actually purchased a tablet thinking I would enjoy reading on that more than a tradional book, however once I downloaded a book and started to read on it, I noticed I was not as interested in it. I thought at first maybe it was the story but it was not. Since then I have downloaded several books on the tablet and cant seem to get through a few pages. There is something about having the actual book in your hands that makes reading so much better. I need to start buying as many books as possible before there will be no more. I would like my children to enjoy reading one day and not having to use a tablet to do so. :D
midgetgem
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-midgetgem.html

Post by midgetgem »

I used to hate them because I think the way to read books is to hold the physical copy in your hand, however for the ease of travelling an eReader is ideal, because they are usually very slim and can store a lot of books that you want to read! Personally, I download the free ebooks available on the Kobo store on my Kobo so I can wider my range of reading, and I keep the books that I'm recommended or cost me in a physical copy.
EmilyXinRui
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyxinrui.html

Post by EmilyXinRui »

Me too!

Electronic book reading has been introduced for quite some time and yet I still favour actual books over ebooks.
I guess I just like the feeling of holding a book, flipping through the pages, feeling the paper texture and looking at ink font while actually engrossing in the story-line.

Somehow it doesn't feel the same with ebooks.

Or it could be that I just don't like reading from screens.
BizzyLizzy
Favorite Author: Naoki Urasawa
Currently Reading: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bizzylizzy.html

Post by BizzyLizzy »

I wouldn't say I don't like ebooks so much as I just really enjoy being able to feel a book in my hands. Ebooks are definitely high on my list in the convenience department -- I use them to read on-the-go all the time on my electronic devices, and the program I use the most syncs all my bookmarks online (handy!) when a physical book would be too unwieldy or conspicuous -- but nothing beats being able to really sit down and soak up a paperback. :)
Shinyfox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinyfox.html

Post by Shinyfox »

I have a kindle because I had to stop buying paper books. I had over 800 books and buying more every week. In order to put a stop to that I got a kindle and purchased them on there, downloaded them from author sites or goodreads & borrowed from the library. It keeps down my paper books while still satisfying the urge to get a new book I want to read. I still prefer paper books. I only pick up my kindle once a month and read a book off of it. I don't use it as often as I did when I originally bought it. I don't have an issue with e-books but I love and prefer my paper books to them.
SuduNona
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sudunona.html

Post by SuduNona »

I don't like the small page as find I am forever pressing the NEXT PAGE button. If I reduce the print size to get more on the page I can't see it....

Can't they make two page readers which show the same amount of print as normal books - or maybe they do and I don't know about it?
Kzin

Post by Kzin »

Neither do I. I hate computers in general, but it's impossible to do anything today without using computers.
1Book-a-Holic-Ila2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1book-a-holic-ila2.html

Post by 1Book-a-Holic-Ila2 »

Same here. Ebooks spoil the reading experience.
texaschic2

Post by texaschic2 »

I do not like ebooks because i just cant get into it like i can when I am holding a book
koreancat
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koreancat.html

Post by koreancat »

I'm with you on this one! I hate ebooks because it's just not the same as owning the physical book. I like the smell of a new book and being able to flip through the pages. You just can't do that with an ebook, I don't ever want to own one.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

Cnc_theft_auto wrote:I don't like ebooks. I don't know why, I just don't like them...
That's fine. I don't care. I don't know why, I just don't care. Me? I do like e-book readers. I like being able to increase the font is necessary. I like never losing my place in the book. I really like being able to carry 1500 pounds of books in my pocket. I tried that with pants once and they kept falling down.

But, if someone doesn't like e-readers, that's fine. Me? I don't like television and no one really cares about that, either.
OnionPickle
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onionpickle.html

Post by OnionPickle »

I don't like them either. When I read a solid paperback or hardcover book, especially an old one, I feel almost connected to the author and the story and the characters. Ebooks just feel distant and cold and mechanical.
JHeileman
Favorite Author: Kim Harrison
Favorite Book: Hollows Series
Currently Reading: Expected Returns On Major Asset Classes
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jheileman.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 4193

Post by JHeileman »

Ebooks are okay because I can carry more books, including books I have to read versus that I want to read, at the same time. I don't have a fancy ereader, just a google tablet with Kindle downloaded on it. It has done me well for some time. Don't misunderstand me. I still love good old fashioned ink and paper books, both hardback and paperback, but the ease of taking my books with me has made carrying an ereader worth it...especially when I consider how sore my shoulders would be if I tried lugging a backpack around with all my books in it.
Brenna+3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenna-3.html

Post by Brenna+3 »

cheeseburger wrote:I don't like em either, and I think it's because if someone annoys we while I'm reading a real book, I can always give them a whack over the head with my book and go on reading without worrying about damage suffered to my book, but that's not really an option with e-books....

I'm sorry, but this is the most awesome answer!
onlinershub

Post by onlinershub »

eBooks are made for flexibility. You can share the content via email. It really depends on how you used it. If just for reading, ebooks are good, but for studying, I go for the physical books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”