Kindle vs. books My personal opinion

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Izabella
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Kindle vs. books My personal opinion

Post by Izabella »

I totally agree with the above post! A paper or hardcover book are much more romantic and personal. But the advantages of reading from a Kindle are immense, the down load is quick and convenient. In general, I find reading from a Kindle is much more practical. Saying that I come from a family of readers and I'm the only one to own a Kindle! So the love for a physical book is still there in the majority. E-books have also however opened the door to new authors who were perhaps struggling to publish traditionally and via e-books have an opportunity to get their books on the shelf, even if it is just a cyber shelf
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Having the kindle is nice for traveling or even going to work so that you don't have to carry a book along. However, I do notice that I miss the feel of a book and still keep them on hand all the time.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
DB44
Currently Reading: Breaths in Winter
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-db44.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Post by DB44 »

A little food for thought. A better title for this thread would be Kindle Books v. Paper Books, or better still, Ebooks v Paper Books. Be in no doubt. Despite some superseded dictionary definitions, I think that a "book" for many of us is about the content, not the container. An audiobook is still a book. A story can reside in a bound book, a computer file or files, a papyrus scroll etc. Remember Frederik Pohl's Heechee saga?
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
KittenTJ

Post by KittenTJ »

Both!
I LOVE to read. Anything and everything I can get my hands on. My Kindle Fire HD is very well utilized! The Kindle app on my phone is as well. I love the fact I can have thousands of books at my fingertips!
I also love books! There is something about the smell of a library, the feel of the paper as you turn the page!
Books rule!!
DancingSouls
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancingsouls.html

Post by DancingSouls »

I really enjoy paperback and hardcover books. I haven't bought too many of those lately just because it is inconvenient and pricier than buying e-books. I really love e-books too though. I love both systems of reading for different reasons.
doublek06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doublek06.html

Post by doublek06 »

Personally I love reading traditional books. There is just something about holding a physical book in my hands that I prefer over a kindle. I also love browsing bookstores and looking at the cover art. While kindles do display the cover it does not have the same feel for me. Technology is everywhere now and sometimes it nice to take a break from it!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”