Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Haygoodnichole
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haygoodnichole.html

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Haygoodnichole »

Paper books all the way!! I would rather cut down my screen time by reading a real book rather then spend more time looking at a screen everyday.
JanLeib
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janleib.html

Post by JanLeib »

Both! I love my Kindle, but I also love going to book launches and adding to my collection of signed 'real' books. And I still enjoy reading a proper book. There's also nothing like seeing someone reading a book and asking them what they're reading.
Joy V Smith
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Joy V Smith »

I have a few signed "real" books too and am keeping them on my shelves.
ModraWintruz
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by ModraWintruz »

I used to be hardcore book only. Then I became a mom and trying to read while nursing is difficult as everything needs to be one-handed. Also, babies tend to be attracted to paper...and tear and eat and crumple it. So I've been reading more and more with a reader, my phone, or the computer. I still love books but I see the benefits of a reader now.
Ashley 1820
Currently Reading: Rebecca
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-1820.html

Post by Ashley 1820 »

I love pape book.there us a different feeling and joy I find....I love to see my books around...and e book might harm my eyes. so um best iin the traditional way!
PacerMac88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pacermac88.html

Post by PacerMac88 »

I prefer a hard copy because I like the feel of a book in my hands, I like feeling the pages between my fingers, flipping the pages, losing what page I was on, then investing in a real book mark... These experiences would never happen with an e-book. As well, an e-book doesn't have a "book smell", can cause eye strain, and make it hard to fall asleep after staring into a screen. However, I think e-books are nice if space is limited on the reader's book shelf. Also, the idea of being able to download and read the book right then and there is convenient.
LitChick90
Currently Reading: Meaning of Truth
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litchick90.html
Latest Review: "Chicago Law" by Joseph A. Garofalo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by LitChick90 »

Kindles are, yes, more convenient. You can slip them in any back and Bob's your Uncle, but there's nothing like the sensation of a real good book. Plus, real books help you get to sleep at night. Literally.
Latest Review: "Chicago Law" by Joseph A. Garofalo
Cortley

Post by Cortley »

I can say I have a preference. For a long while I was on the paper book band wagon, but I have since changed to both. I love a paper book. I can see where I am in it. I love the turning of pages & it makes me look smart (or so I think). I was a library kid growing up so there is nothing better than checking out a ton of books & wasting the day away getting lost in a good read. There is a beauty in ebooks though. They are lighter weight, easier to travel with, plus you always have a book handy. I have the kindle app on my phone & tablet so I always have a book. Plus the ability to use both allows me to get books that may not be available on ebook or are hard to find in paper book. I can't say I like one over the other, I enjoy them both for different reasons.
Kasey0914
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasey0914.html

Post by Kasey0914 »

I know most people love the idea of reading a paper book, but personally I prefer an e-book. I like the idea of being able to read anywhere I go. There are times when I'm standing in a long line at the grocery store that I will read on my phone. I also like that e-books are less expensive.
littleberry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littleberry.html

Post by littleberry »

I much prefer reading a paper book. I work from home and I'm not "on the go" a lot, so curling up with a physical book at the end of the day is really nice and relaxing.
Pads57

Post by Pads57 »

I am a ebook reader. The reason for change over to a ebook is I can have more than a thousand books on it ,while I can't have that many in my small apartment. It's light ,easy to carry, and can be held in one hand.
Medijay0360

Post by Medijay0360 »

I love both. With a little one running around it's easy to just grab my iPad and read a few pages and then do something else. But I love filling up a bookshelf with new books. At night I like to curl up with a book and enjoy turning each page. It just depends on how my day is. But I love being able to have hundreds of books to choose from on my iPad.
kourtneylynn24
Currently Reading: The Last Time She Saw Him
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtneylynn24.html

Post by kourtneylynn24 »

I honestly despise ebooks! I love physically holding a book in my hands, I love the scent and the way they look when they age. I love seeing my bookshelves become more full. I also feel comforted by the fact that my book is with me and it's not going anywhere. The internet is tricky and so are Nooks and Kindles, if they break, your book is gone. The concept of ereaders is a good one, but I just NEED the physical book.
Heidi-Ho
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-ho.html

Post by Heidi-Ho »

I think there is value in both... however being that i stare at a screen all day for work. I really prefer to have a non-digital book. Call me old school but there is something to be said about turning the pages and feeling the weight of the book in your hands. :techie-studyingbrown:
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

This is such a difficult question for me! I really think it depends on the day - I have multiple overflowing bookshelves in my house as well as a a kindle (of which I have had multiple generations). I love the feel of a book, flipping the pages, the smell of a new book, the smell of an old book. However, convenience wise - my kindle is a god send. I can go on vacation with 15 novels and it weighs less than my wallet. I definitely go back and forth between ordering books and reading on my kindle. I think they both have many benefits but I can definitely say I could never go full e-reader! :shock:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”