Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?
Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:
Share This Review
I wasn't sure how good the book would be, or if there would be so many medical terms I would need to look up that I would lose interest. This was not the case when he gave a diagnosis or procedure that was needed he explained it so you knew what he was talking about.
I like the fact he was down to earth and told the true way he was feeling and let you know it wasn't all bad or all good. He was very open about his feelings.
I feel this would be a very good book for anyone going through a liver transplant as it lets you know it is normal to have negative thoughts about what you are going through. It also shows you that there are good days and how important is is to try to keep your mind and body working as well as possible and to not give up.
He had some bad things happen during the time he was sick but just kept pushing forward even when he felt like giving up. The thought that no matter how bad things are for you someone has it worse kept coming to mind.
I learned alot about live donors and the ability of the liver to grow back in a very short time. I knew it would grow back but how quickly it does so was really surprising. There was alot of information on the reason for a liver transplant and the availability of a liver when it was needed. I also learned about how they decide who gets a liver and when.
I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 and highly recommend it as it is very informative and entertaining at the same time. It is hard to put down because you want to see what will happen next.
Buy "Gifted" on Amazon
Buy "Gifted" on Barnes and Noble
Congratulations to the author on the positive review.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 22186
- Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:12
- Location: Lost in a good book
- Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
- Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
- Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
- Bookshelf Size: 1581 books
View Reviewer Page
- Reading Device: Kindle (E-Ink)
- 2017 Reading Goal: 100 Books
- Goal Completion: 11%
Congrats to the author for having the Book of the Day!
- Lilimaster of Bookshelves
- Posts: 3839
- Joined: 17 Jul 2015, 20:19
- Location: Snuggling with a Book :)
- Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
- Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Currently Reading: The Devil in the White City
- Bookshelf Size: 390 books
View Reviewer Page
- Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
- 2017 Reading Goal: 140 Books
- Goal Completion: 22%