Official Review: The Politics, Science, and Mysteries of ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Official Review: The Politics, Science, and Mysteries of ...

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Politics, Science, and Mysteries of Creation" by Patrick Blake.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“The origin and history of mankind, “Homo sapiens “, are evident from two major sources. In terms of scientific analysis there is the fossil record from which much information, including the approximate timeline of the appearance of archaic Homo sapiens, can be identified with some degree of certainty.”

The book begins with these lines. If these lines are too convoluted for you, this book might not for you. But if you are intrigued by this idea, then you will absolutely love this book. These lines eloquently set a precedent for what will follow. I felt that the brilliance of the author is unparalleled.

The Politics, Science, and Mysteries of Creation by Patrick Blake is a brilliant and eloquent work of non-fiction that deals with the idea of origins in the most extensive manner. He has his own set of idiosyncratic opinions and the delightful thing is that these opinions are strongly backed by a set of facts. This work begins with a prologue that deals with the socio-political factors that influenced the lives of Elohim settlers. From there begins a quest to find the truth behind the origins of mankind. The author is able to effectively delineate the possible connotations of the stories that have been built around the concept of origin and the book is divided into four parts:
Part 1 Sacred Traditions
Part 2 Spiritual Avatars
Part 3 Cosmic Mysteries
Part 4 Human Behaviour

In these four parts, the author is able to outline the history and politics of the human understanding of origins of mankind. My favourite part of this book is when the author explains the history behind the marginalisation of women. He disproves the popular belief that women had been marginalised from the dawn of mankind and explains the reality behind this culture of oppression.

There were rare elements in this book that irked me. I feel that there were certain things that I definitely did not agree with, but I absolutely understand that the author is much more established than me, and he has the right to express and validate his views. I also felt that the way the book is structured it wonderful. The author manages to simplify very complex ideas and makes them palatable to a wider audience.

It is also very important to note that there are almost no errors in this book. It has been very well edited and the author has thoroughly done his work. Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I believe that this rating is well deserved. I feel that it is a perfect read for religious as well as agnostic people as it brings together and reconciles a variety of complex and diverse ideas. I strongly urge all readers to find solace in this wonderful book.

The Politics, Science, and Mysteries of Creation
View: on Bookshelves

Like HouseOfAtticus's review? Post a comment saying so!
CNWaweru
Currently Reading: The Sound of Thunder
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnwaweru.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by CNWaweru »

I love your review. I avoid non-fiction books mostly because some of them tend to get too deep in whatever they are addressing until people without experience in the field cannot keep up. I am glad to find out that it has been somehow simplified. I will try it. Thank you.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This sounds like an interesting read. Whenever I read a review of a book from this genre, I always wonder if I will agree with the reviewer. :) And it makes me want to read the book to find out. And this is an expensive book on Amazon! (Wow, I just checked it out!) So I am now also a little jealous that you are the one who got to review it! But I also know it was not an easy, lighthearted read, so, way to go powering through!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Interesting! I believe such a book can actually challenge what you believe-in or what you have heard before. I have never read a book of this genre but according to your review it seems that the book leads to a brainstorming session, that would ultimately challenge the authors point of view and facts. I like that kind of a book! Seems to me, of my interest. Thank you for the review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

It would have been interesting to know what exactly irked you in this book. It does sound like a very solid and worthy read. I'm fascinated by such topics so I'll definitely add this to my to-read list. Thanks for the recommendation and review!
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

This is a must read book. Hope I can find time to read it. I believe that the Author has thorough knowledge about this topic. Thanks for the review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Maggie G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-g.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Maggie G »

This sounds like a fascinating book. What really interests me is the four main parts of the book, and I’d like to know more about them. Thank you for your review.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Thanks for your recommendation. Though personally I don't believe in all those science ideas on the origin of mankind. Thanks for your detailed review
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I feel like this one would be a little too academic for me. I appreciate the information, though. Very nice review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I have been reading recently in this genre and have actually really enjoyed the books which I have read of late. Thanks for your informative review, I think that I will be reading this book.
EWatson02
Currently Reading: The Black Swan
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ewatson02.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EWatson02 »

One thing that gives me pause--though it's not exactly a dealbreaker--is the use of the word "mankind." I really, really, really wish folks would switch to the words "humankind" or simply "humans."
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Harrygx3 »

Sounds like an interesting read and I always like people with strong opinions on a matter backed by facts. Well structured review, good job!^^
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I am intrigued by the author's disproval of the popular belief that women had been marginalized from the dawn of mankind and his explanation of the reality behind this culture of oppression. Sounds like a thought-provoking book. Thanks for your review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

I am intrigued by the part about the origins of marginalization of women. There seems to be some evidence of early matriarchal societies and I would be curious to see if this book shed any light on that possibility. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
KamalK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamalk.html
Latest Review: It's Just Business... the Romancing of Ahjumma by Wanda Voy

Post by KamalK »

I like to read books that are informative but also philosophical at the same time. The writer has substantiated his ideas backed by scientific theories. Sounds intriguing.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”