Official Review: Holifest by Noni Boon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Official Review: Holifest by Noni Boon

Post by Bluecobia »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Holifest" by Noni Boon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Holifest is a nonfiction book 101 pages long with a 24-page introduction. Noni Boon starts with Bruce MacLelland’s book Prosperity Through Thought Force and expands and creates a roadmap to help you holistically manifest things in your life. The title of the book is actually a shortened combination of the words holistic and manifest. Most people are mind orientated and do not recognize the need to consider and balance the mind, body and the spirit. All three aspects influence each other and need to cooperate and engage with each other.

One of the premises of the book is that you need two things, strength of character and knowledge of self. The author takes the first ingredient, strength of character, and splits it into three aspects that the author calls mind, body, and spirit or alternately refers to as creativity, courage, and confidence. Then seven virtues related to each aspect are studied. The author not only explains the need for each virtue but also explains how to grow and nurture each virtue. The author also often gives tips on how to reduce the corresponding negative traits that can undermine your attempts to improve yourself. There is also a series of things you can do to improve your knowledge of yourself.

This book is not long but I took several days to read it. I did this to absorb all the good information and guidance. I did not want to miss out on any of it. After finishing I realized that I will probably need to read this book several more times to absorb all the information. I can see that if I follow all the advice and work on improving my various virtues that my life will be better. My only complaint is that it felt misleading when the author states that you only need two things then gives a long list of things to do to obtain those two things

I am not sure I truly believe the entire of the power of positive thinking philosophy. I do not think that if you do good things and think good thoughts that the universe will make sure you get the things you want. I do believe that if you do the things suggested you would become a better person and have a better life.

Holifest by Noni Boon is a self-help book that will be useful to many people. Some reviewers talk about character development versus plot when reviewing a book. In this book, the plot is really about the development of your character as a person. It gives good step-by-step guidance on how to improve yourself and how that will help improve your life. I saw very few editorial errors while I was reading this book. I give Holifest by Noni Boon a four out of four stars. I recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve themselves and their future life. There are references to a higher intelligence so if you are strongly against religion you might not want to read this book. That said, I still think anyone who implements the suggested steps will become a better person and hopefully, a better life will be holistically manifested.

Holifest
View: on Bookshelves

Like Bluecobia's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I have a low tolerance for self help books, primarily because they seem too Pollyanna to me. However, I am glad that you found this book useful and full of good information. Good review!
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

I am sure to find this book beneficial. Positive thinking has gained grounds in so many fields. Thought force may have different names in Western and Oriental Philosophy, but just the same they connote the same thing. Holifest, a portmanteau of holistic and manifest is an apt title. Thank you for this splendid review.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
insights
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by insights »

This non-fiction book is interesting. We look for people to guide us in our life but at times, a book with a perfect author suffices our need. This book is a perfect guide for becoming a better me.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

The content sounds inspiring but a 24 page introduction? That's quite long.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not really much into self-help books, but I'm glad that you were able to enjoy this one. It sounds like it does have some useful information. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Bluecobia

Post by Bluecobia »

Mercy Bolo wrote:The content sounds inspiring but a 24 page introduction? That's quite long.
Yes it was a long introduction.
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

Sounds like a good self-help book for those seeking to improve the balance of their bodies, minds, and spirits. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Bluecobia

Post by Bluecobia »

Yolimari wrote:Sounds like a good self-help book for those seeking to improve the balance of their bodies, minds, and spirits. Thanks for the review!
I was glad to review it and bring it to the light for others to know about.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

This is a helpful self-help book on balancing body,mind and spirit. Thanks for the review.
Bluecobia

Post by Bluecobia »

Quinto wrote:This is a helpful self-help book on balancing body,mind and spirit. Thanks for the review.
Glad to help.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

This is interesting book! Though I'm quite surprised that this has 24 pages long of introduction. True enough that one of the most important part in our life is character. And it needs to be strengthen to have both better life and to be a better person. Thank you for this review!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”