Official Review: The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Official Review: The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in...

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Little Girl Inside: Owning My Role in My Own Pain by Tonya Barbee is a Non-fiction book published by Jabez Publishing House on April 1, 2015. Tonya uses an objective first-person narration to share her hard-earned lessons with the readers. The 109 Standard Pages (250 words per page) of this book hold precious insights from the writer’s unforgettable experiences. It is a story of hope amidst pain, triumph over self-delusion, and discovery of self in God.

When Tonya Barbee was asked what the hardest part of writing the book was in an interview, she said,
When I edited the book, I cried. I cried each time and I didn’t like editing it for that reason. It hurt me to know that I had been so manipulated and it hurt to see it in writing.
Any person who has ever written a personal and painful experience can relate to what she expresses. She talks about wishful thinking that is ever-present in the naïve little persons in all of us and cautions us against letting them get the upper hand in our relationships. She tells us to listen to the probing of God who is always trying to speak to us all the time.

She speaks about the intricacies of relationships as the story of her four failed marriages comes to life. She tackles issues of romantic love versus real love, and romantic movies and novels versus the hope and faith in a marriage. She shows us how to truly live truthfully and shun all the lies and deceptions of the world.

I have a feeling this book has already given hundreds of people the strength to fight for the obvious but deeply hidden truths that cripple us when taken from us. This book inspired me to look at relationships in a different light and think of them in a way that is renewing and godly.

The writing style used in the book is simple and very engaging. The writer uses stimulating and inventive avenues to share her invaluable teachings. It touched my heart to see give her best through a charming and a conversational tone as she expounded on characters situations that distressed her for years. The writing is well spaced and sentences evenly distributed on paragraphs to allow effortless reading.

The characters in the book are well fleshed out. The writer talks about various people that have shaped her life for better and worse. She depicts scenes and the characters therein humorously as Sir Knight, Sir Charming, the Playmate, Officer Wrong, and Sir Intellectual are painted vividly in the book.

The book has few editing issues. There are recurring typographical errors whereby the second “l’s” in words like “allowed”, “bill”, and “still” are replaced by gaps. These issues, however, did not detract from the efficacy of the book. I, therefore, give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to all people in romantic relationships, especially young adults and anyone starting a new relationship. I also recommend it to people that have been through hard relationships or are currently in challenging relationships.

The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like geoffrey ngoima's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
babysenior
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by babysenior »

As I understand the story of the book. It focuses more on the lesson of what love is giving you after you felt inlove to somebody and no't worrying about what is going on because once you stop loving it means you did not see the good creation of God to us. 3 out of 4 stars.
geoffrey ngoima

babysenior wrote:As I understand the story of the book. It focuses more on the lesson of what love is giving you after you felt inlove to somebody and no't worrying about what is going on because once you stop loving it means you did not see the good creation of God to us. 3 out of 4 stars.
Haha, okay, that too. I hope you enjoyed it.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Four failed marriages... Wow! And I thought I had issues.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
geoffrey ngoima

Mercy Bolo wrote:Four failed marriages... Wow! And I thought I had issues.
Haha, well, it depends on where you end up at the end of the day.
Abodunrin
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abodunrin.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Abodunrin »

From your little exposition I could relate with what the writer was trying to say and I began to catch feelings. Nonetheless I am stirred up to actually read it to sieve out depths of information concerning love and the likes myself. Thanks for the review
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I think Tonya Barbee's The Little Girl Inside: Owning My Role in My Own Pain, speaks to our humanity. The road to relationship, love and marriage are often rocky, with unexpected twists and turns which can leave us dazed and often in agony. For me, this is a must read. Good job, geoffrey ngoima, on this review.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Very thorough review! The book sounds very intense and thought provoking.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

A very charming book. All of us can do with some advise at one point in our lives, for that I really appreciate the book. Wonderful review Geoffrey.
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

This is not a book I would pick up if I only saw the cover, but the way you have described it, well it sounds like something I would appreciate, and maybe even recommend to others. As always, i hope the editing issues are attended to. That is one of the nice things about Kindle, it can be update quite easily with necessary edits. Nice review Geoffrey.
Mindi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindi.html
Latest Review: The Promise by Hank Ellis

Post by Mindi »

This sounds like a very unique style of book. It is interesting to see into the deeper areas of a person's mind.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

nice book, I can relate to this book when in terms of having a personal relationship with God. Thanks for sharing, nice review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

A book about hope, pain, romance and faith, all intertwined, with a lot of advice that everyone needs at one point in their lives. A review with great detail there Geoffrey Ngoima, well done.
Ubheeram Nina
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 77

Post by Ubheeram Nina »

Pain is a great teacher. It clearly shows how the author Tony Barbee overcame all its pains and hardship. Having firm believe in oneself is the motto. Great review.
Njengnjoro
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by Njengnjoro »

Good job, I think too this book will help many.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”