Review by KeriCraven -- Followed my Star by AR Annahita

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KeriCraven
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kericraven.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Review by KeriCraven -- Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Post by KeriCraven »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Followed My Star is a non-fictional novel written by AR Annahita. This is a novel that explores the author's philosophy on what will bring world peace. This novel is the third installment in the Followed My Star series. However, readers can read this installment without reading the previous two. AR Annahita is an Iranian immigrant who now resides in America. She works as a photographer, writer and philosopher. Annahita offers a fresh perspective on American and global lifestyles and policies. The message throughout the book is a call to change the world, one person at a time.

I love that the author was brave enough to write about a controversial subject. It can be a challenge to stand out and do the right thing. I agree with Annahita that the world would be a better place if we all learn to give a helping hand. The author elaborates about racism and the use of religion to do both wrong and gain power. Followed My Star talks about a range of issues both big and small. These issues range from global policy issues to individual happiness. The author includes topics such as abortion, religion, greed and countless more.

There were a few awkward sentences that required me to read it more than once. I did find a statement on page 33 that felt a little contradicting. "Being with someone who is like you wouldn't bring any growth into your life." This sounded contradicting considering the author also campaigns about us all being equal. I may be overthinking this, but how can I be with someone who inspires growth if we are all equal. This is simply my personal opinion. However, there will be some readers who may disagree with the author's viewpoints. Annahita criticizes parts of the American Republican party as well as certain religions. It is this reason that the novel may not appeal to Christian and Muslim readers. This is due to some of the radical arguments Annahita makes about these two religions. Nonetheless, I would recommend this novel to activists, bloggers and readers who are promote change.

I did like how Annahita tells a little bit about her life while she argues her ideas. This makes the book seem a little more personal. I did appreciate how she guided the reader from chapter to chapter, introducing new ideas while still maintaining the overall main theme. I admired her attempt at covering many topics, even though I did not agree with many of the statements made.

I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. While the author does argue some superb points, it is only her personal opinion. I did not feel that there was any fact to back up her opinions. Along with sounding like a personal diary entry, there were a few grammatical errors. Although I found the author brave, this is not a book that I would read again.

Followed my Star
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KeriCraven's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

It's always bad when the author doesn't put more facts to back up their opinions.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”