Official Review: Faith Transcends Life's Complexities

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Official Review: Faith Transcends Life's Complexities

Post by Sarah_Khan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Faith Transcends Life's Complexities" by Lloyd S Daley Sr.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Faith Transcends Life’s Complexities by Lloyd S. Daley, Sr. is an autobiography about a man who, throughout the ups and downs of life, keeps a steadfast belief in God and an optimistic view on life. Lloyd S. Daley, Sr. was born in Jamaica and immigrated to the United States in 1967. Unfortunately, Lloyd is hit with severe illnesses throughout his life and in this book he shows us how he was able to get through all the hardships life has thrown at him and come out of it stronger.

When I first came upon this book, I was interested to see how the author would tie in elements of faith to his life lessons. Initially, I assumed the references to faith would be general and not to any specific religion. The author states in the beginning that everyone has a different definition of faith and that his definition of faith is universal, but his references to faith in the novel are generally related to his specific religious denomination. Even though I was a little surprised, I had no problem with the author’s adherence to his faith because he was able to talk about his own beliefs without discounting others.

Lloyd S. Daley, Sr. did not disappoint in his ability to nicely tie in faith to every aspect of his life. He even used excerpts from religious texts to help explain certain struggles that he had to go through. For me, one of the most memorable parts of the novel was the chapter of quotes relating to life, provided near the end. Some quotes seemed familiar to me and some were entirely new, either way, I enjoyed reading them. It was a nice addition to the book and I even saved a few of the sayings. Another neat addition to the novel was the parables that the author had written during his time of illness, which is also included at the end of the book.

One big problem I had with this autobiography was the repetition. I felt like I was reading the same chapters over and over again because most of the information was recycled. Many of the chapters even end in the same way, which I found tiring. Sadly, the author does have to suffer through many different diseases, but the way he describes them and the way he gets through them is all the same. Therefore, the advice that is given is also similar in each chapter. It felt like I only needed to read a few chapters to get the whole picture. Autobiographies are usually written by people who are well known or people who have fascinating and unique lives. Unfortunately, I did not think that Lloyd S. Daley, Sr.’s life was interesting enough to keep my attention for the length of a whole book.

Overall, I gave this novel 2 out of 4 stars. This novel was well-edited. I enjoyed reading the beginning of the book, the chapter of quotes, the parables, and the overall message. Unfortunately, more often than not, I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again, which was a bit tiresome.

I would recommend Faith Transcends Life's Complexities by Lloyd S. Daley, Sr. to anyone who has or who is suffering through a severe illness and needs help moving forward. Faith plays a major part in this book so I would only recommend it to those who believe in some form of God.

Faith Transcends Life's Complexities
View: on Bookshelves

Like Sarah_Khan's review? Post a comment saying so!
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review. Though the plot is good, the repetition in the content did stop me from grabbing a copy of this book.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Thanks for such an insightful review. The concept of faith is very sensitive, at least he doesn't rubbish other views. I agree with you that autobiographies are best from famous/relatable people. I may not read this one.
Gregory Chileshe
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gregory-chileshe.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Gregory Chileshe »

Well,thank you for that review which shows that you got something and you have done well to show others what you have discovered and to help the author. I like the fact that you your submission you have made sure to leave room for others who may love to also read it

-- 15 Sep 2017, 13:52 --

Well,thank you for that review which shows that you got something and you have done well to show others what you have discovered and to help the author. I like the fact that in your submission you have made sure to leave room for others who may love to also read it following the way you have talked about the teaching of faith,the experience the author went through to show others how they can believe for their miracle by faith.

-- 15 Sep 2017, 13:56 --

Check my latest review too,and sorry for double posting it is due to network where I am.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm sorry that this one was so repetitious. I hate when that happens! It sounds like he had some good things to say, but he said them over and over again. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Nicely articulated review though I don't think this is the book for me.
geoffrey ngoima
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geoffrey-ngoima.html
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
Reading Device: B00UB76290

Post by geoffrey ngoima »

Oh, too bad about that recycling business, it started off well.
Great review
To posit that the war brings us closer to faith is a sleight of hand that makes fools of us all. "There Are Only Atheists in Fox Holes"~ Michael Carson
Latest Review: "The Little Girl Inside Owning My Role in My Own Pain" by Tonya Barbee
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I think Faith Transcends Life's Complexities is a book I would like to read and keep. I really enjoy autobiographies and this author's effort in laying bare his personal experiences to encourage/help others is commendable. Congrats, interesting review!
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Sabina G
Currently Reading: The Scarpetta Factor
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabina-g.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Sabina G »

It is nice that you make clear that faith is a topic that goes through the whole book and that's not meant to be everyone's cup of tea. If it was a non-fiction book, it would be more versatile.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Great review Sarah. The autobiography as described by you, is great and worthy to be recommended. It takes sheer guts to share tragedies in life. I salute Lloyd. Thanks.
Enigma505
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Enigma505 »

The book is okay and Well edited, though They were repetitions which seems as if the writer was repiting himself, but to those who understands the act of faith and application of it by work will understand him from his religious point of view.. Attimes in the journey of life, like his experiences, things happens in a similar ways that requires similar application of faith to over come,,,this things made him stronger in his faith..I think he did well on this book.
Autobiography remains autobiography whether it is of great personality or Small personality, the fact is that it is about knowing a little about the person. The book is good to go...I give him three star.
Gregory Chileshe
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gregory-chileshe.html

Post by Gregory Chileshe »

The title of the book give the vigor to go for it. But your review is very important to consider why you rated it that way. Though there are a few things you have discovered, at least you are able to give room or encourage those that can try to go for it. Your review is what makes other think of going for it even though you found a few issues.
Sarah Immanuel
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 160819">My Trip To Adele</a>
Currently Reading: The House of Trysts
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Sarah Immanuel »

Exellent review. This is a great teaching on faith in a book. It is ofcourse 4 out 4. Thanks for the great work.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

The issues on repetition might distract the reader. But it doesn't give in the quality of the context of this book. Faith is something that are really interesting topic to talk about. Especially the Author never losses it when facing trials. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”