Official Review: Love - The Key To Optimism

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Official Review: Love - The Key To Optimism

Post by Dh_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love - The Key To Optimism" by Roshan D. Bhondekar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Love- The Key to Optimism by Roshan D. Bhondekar is a fantastic self-help book. Basically, it explains that we need certain things to be happy and elaborates on what those things are and why they are necessary. I am not too familiar with the self- help genre, but this book definitely has some great tips on how to maintain a healthy and happy lifestyle. It encompasses everything that a person should do to lead a healthy, happy life. Because the book was very detailed and had great advice, I decided to give it 4 out of 4 stars.

Some of the categories that the book covers are emotions, how to balance life, the importance of personal life, the role friends and family play in one’s life, and how technology is involved. The author separates the chapters by topics like these and explains how each one of them matters. There is a lot of emphasis on emotions and thoughts as well as how other people in your life affect your happiness. To make the book a bit more user-friendly, the author also includes easy to understand diagrams. The purpose of these diagrams is to make a connection between the information being presented and real life through a visual. Each chapter also has a keyword towards the end that is spelled out (very similar to an acrostic poem) and each letter is a phrase that provides some sort of explanation.

There are not many things in this book that I can complain about. One of the few problems I did have with the book is that is was a bit too long. I found that a lot of the chapters, although the topic was different, said essentially the same thing. Also, some of the advice is more on the side of common sense, so I didn’t see the need to include it. The other part that was a little confusing was the use of hashtags at the end of each chapter. I just didn’t understand the purpose of the hashtags because they didn’t match the formal tone of the information. Those were the only two things I didn’t like very much.

As someone who has never read a self-help book, I think this was a great book to start. I will gladly admit that a lot of the tips included are simply brilliant and I had never thought about them. The author goes very in-depth with each chapter and even includes some statistics, and I think that when research is involved the information presented becomes more trustworthy. One part of the book I really enjoyed was the chapter that talked about emotions and thoughts because it was almost like a psychology lesson. Needless to say, I learned more than I anticipated. The book also teaches the reader that the most important part of being happy is making sure you have the right attitude; you need to be confident, consistent with your thoughts, and set realistic goals for yourself.

Although this book definitely wouldn’t interest fiction fans, it is a great reference for people going through tough situations. I think it has a lot of useful advice and some of the scientific aspects of it will leave the reader with something to think about, which is a great thing for books to do. People struggle with different things in life and sometimes they can’t figure out the solutions on their own, so I think that everyone should have a chance to read this book. That being said, I would recommend it to anyone having a hard time getting their life back on track. Happiness is not always easy to obtain, but this book will teach you how to have more of it in your life.

Love - The Key To Optimism
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dh_'s review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Great review. I love self-help books and this one seems really intriguing. Thanks
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I also enjoy self-help books and this one does sound like one that is very in depth and can help readers find happiness again.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like one great helpful book. Though I'm not into self-help books, this seems like something I would learn a lot from. I may have a problem with the length, though. Good job on the review. Congratulations to Roshan D. Bhondekar on such an obviously well-written book.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a really good book. It's too bad that there were repeated topics, but maybe a little more editing can fix that. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

From the review it appears that this is a must-read book for everyone. The importance of being positive and optimistic in life cannot be emphasized enough. The author seems to have done a very good job with this book. Kudos for a good review.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I wonder why the author chose to use hashtags. I will read the book because it touches on everyday life. Thanks for the review.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Sounds like an insightful book. We all need a little help sometimes, and I commend the author for putting something positive out there for those who need some guidance. Thank you for the lovely review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”