Featured Review: The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Featured Review: The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13" by Ezra Celestin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13: Identifying the Beast with the Number and the Mark is written by Ezra Celestin.

In this thought-provoking book, the author offers his own interpretation of the book of Revelation Chapter 13 and identifies the Beast with the Number as well as the Mark as described in the prophecy of St. John. The author begins with a prayer for an open mind. He, then proceeds by presenting scriptural foundation specifically citing from the book of Daniel which brings into view the image of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream and uses four beasts to represent four kingdoms: lion for Babylon, bear for Media and Persia, leopard with four wings and four heads for Greece and a dreadful and terrible beast with ten horns representing Rome.

The author patiently but clearly explains the confusion of other theologians between the four great beasts in the book of Daniel and the beast of John in Revelation 13. He also explains that this confusion is not an accident, but rather planted by the enemy of our souls to create misunderstanding in order to turn the attention away from the true beast of the prophecy.

This book is not only thought-provoking but also very shocking and can be overwhelming, making it not an easy read, but rather a profound, well-written, well-researched and well-referenced book which makes the instructions of other theologians seem a huge misdirection. The author intrepidly and very coherently explains where the confusion begins and then points out, first, the real Beast, then the Mark and proceeds to explain the Number of the Beast. Every line of Revelation 13 is explained and is backed up by actual events supported by footnotes, which make the author’s explanations very convincing.

However, there are some repetitions, which I believe are necessary to emphasize some very important points, that some readers may find redundant. Moreover, as the author probably anticipates that is why he encourages the readers to pray at the beginning of the book for guidance from the Holy Spirit and to give the Holy Spirit ‘permission to work within so the subject is not rejected simply on the basis that it is not how the church teaches it,’ this new and shocking interpretation of Revelation 13 may not sit very well with other theologians and Christians as a whole. Others may even find it downright unacceptable. I, for one, commend the author for his courage and dedication in writing such a great book. In addition, prior knowledge of the books of Daniel and Revelation might be required to fully comprehend and appreciate the subject matter. Finally, I notice some errors which are thankfully too few to detract from the quality of the writing.

I, therefore, rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a very interesting albeit a very shocking book about the Beast in the prophecy of St. John in the book of Revelation. I recommend it, especially, to theologians and then to other readers who take interest in this very important matter to our salvation.

The Mark of the Beast Revelation 13
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I'm interested in reading the author's interpretation on chapter 13 in Revelation. Many people have their opinion on what is truly going to happen. There's even many books about it such as the Left Behind series. I'm curious about what his opinion is and the research that was done about it.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I am studying revelation now as a matter of fact. I'm curious to see what this author has to say, but as you say it's so shocking, I'm not sure it would be for me. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Kitkat3
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1496">Milk and Honey</a>
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitkat3.html
Latest Review: A Bundle of Colorful Yarns by Louis Winslow

Post by Kitkat3 »

This sounds super interesting. I love reading different interpretations of religious texts. This would be a nice thing to use for my research. Thanks for the review!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Amagine wrote:I'm interested in reading the author's interpretation on chapter 13 in Revelation. Many people have their opinion on what is truly going to happen. There's even many books about it such as the Left Behind series. I'm curious about what his opinion is and the research that was done about it.

Great Review! ?
Thank you very much. I was kind of shocked when I read the book :) I hope you get the chance to read it.

-- 19 Apr 2017, 21:37 --
kandscreeley wrote:I am studying revelation now as a matter of fact. I'm curious to see what this author has to say, but as you say it's so shocking, I'm not sure it would be for me. Thanks for the review.
You're welcome. Yes, it is shocking and other people may even find it unacceptable. But it is a well-written and well-researched book. Thank you for the comment :)

-- 19 Apr 2017, 21:45 --
Kitkat3 wrote:This sounds super interesting. I love reading different interpretations of religious texts. This would be a nice thing to use for my research. Thanks for the review!
You're welcome and yes, it is a very interesting book. I hope you get the chance to read it :)
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I always found the book of Revelation to be the most interesting and the most open for varying interpretation. This book sounds really interesting; I'm always up to learn about shocking revelations, as long as they are supported that is. Great review!
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

MarisaRose wrote:I always found the book of Revelation to be the most interesting and the most open for varying interpretation. This book sounds really interesting; I'm always up to learn about shocking revelations, as long as they are supported that is. Great review!
Thank you very much. It is, indeed, interesting albeit quite shocking :)
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

This book touches on a very controversial topic, which has been given diverse interpretations by different authorities. It appears the author handles the subject thoroughly, going by the review. Hopefully, it should clear some of the confusion on the matter.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Chrys Brobbey wrote:This book touches on a very controversial topic, which has been given diverse interpretations by different authorities. It appears the author handles the subject thoroughly, going by the review. Hopefully, it should clear some of the confusion on the matter.
So true. The author supported his claims with reference materials which made me think he researched the subject well.
JAtoms
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by JAtoms »

The mark of the beast will be inscribed on the forehead of those who failed to make it to heaven after the rapture
Nthabeleng
Currently Reading: Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nthabeleng.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Nthabeleng »

I can't wait to read tis book, it sounds awesome
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

A really well-written review. I am a Christian so this book sounds like my cup of tea. I really like that the book starts out with a prayer. Thanks.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Nthabeleng wrote:I can't wait to read tis book, it sounds awesome
It sure is :)

-- 07 May 2017, 21:59 --
Jaime Lync wrote:A really well-written review. I am a Christian so this book sounds like my cup of tea. I really like that the book starts out with a prayer. Thanks.
Thank you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did :)
Richie121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Richie121 »

Oh this sounds nicely.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Richie121 wrote:Oh this sounds nicely.
Thank you. This is an intense, profound and informative book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”