Official Review: The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Official Review: The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity

Post by lolashoes »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity" by Pastor A.O. Asabor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For some of us, as we go through life, our Christian core values and purpose seemed to get lost along the way. We get so consumed with technology and other trivial things around us, completely forgetting what being a Christian entail. We all need a purpose and we all seek out a purpose in life. Purpose is that driving force that steers us in the direction which gives us a great sense of fulfillment and happiness. Of course, purpose varies from one person to another. However, as far as being a Christian goes, the term ‘purpose’ has a more deeper meaning. This book offers invaluable insights in rediscovering and knowing the ultimate purpose of Christianity.

The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity is partitioned into several chapters where each chapter serves as a guide in developing and applying the ultimate purpose of Christianity into one’s life. Author Pastor A.O Asabor, lifted a lot of noteworthy scriptures from the bible and into this book and supported each one of them with his own insightful views - reinforcing the words of the bible even more.

What struck me the most is the second chapter with the title ‘Becoming Like Jesus’. The whole chapter was very enlightening to say the least. There’s a lot of new ideas and perspectives that I haven’t considered before which made me ponder for a good minute or two. This book is packed with the author’s own depiction of the verses from the bible, as well as his emphasis on how essential it is as a Christian to honor the words in the bible. I can’t really say much without spoiling the book for the potential readers, but for those who are going to give this book a shot, you will not be disappointed.

Overall, the author drove his point across smoothly and clearly. I haven’t noticed major grammatical errors or typos. There’s just one thing that slightly bugged me and it’s the author’s excessive bible scripture references. At times, it can be overwhelming but perhaps that’s just me. Either way, the bible verses did play a large part in the creation of this book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is a short and quick read for me. If you feel some sort of disconnect to your spiritual side or if you’re at that phase in your life where you’re looking for your purpose, then you should grab a copy of this book. It’s worth a read.

The Ultimate Purpose of Christianity
View: on Bookshelves

Like lolashoes's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
March Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-march-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by March Reviewer »

lolashoes did the author include any personal testimony in the book?
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

Great review! I too would be interested to know if the author shared any type of personal testimony with the readers. I just finished a devotional series about purpose and found it very helpful. This book likely would be too.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like a pretty interesting book for the subject. Sometimes you need something quick and easy like this to jump start your Christian walk. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

I think that bible scriptures should become a part of a Christian's speech after a while, especially if he is a pastor. I welcome the use of as many bible scriptures as can fill the pages. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”