Official Review: 55 Years on Campus by Detra enman

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Re: Official Review: 55 Years on Campus by Detra enman

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

The author's life sounds very interesting but her life-story seems not as captivating. Good job on the review.
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:The author's life sounds very interesting but her life-story seems not as captivating. Good job on the review.
Thanks @"kimmyschemy06". :tiphat: :D

-- 07 Mar 2017, 22:57 --
Frank the Asset wrote:If I was a person interested in becoming a pilot, whether it be for the military, the government, or a private company, I would pick up a book like this one. It sounds boring though. I would read this book mainly because you make it sound like the author has an easy and humorous writing voice. Other than that, it wouldn't be my first choice.
Thanks for reading my review @"Frank the Asset"! :tiphat: :D
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

I enjoyed your review! It's disappointing when a short book becomes a little draggy since it's expected that short books would be quick reads. I am glad you were able to find parts of the book funny and interesting.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

bookowlie wrote:I enjoyed your review! It's disappointing when a short book becomes a little draggy since it's expected that short books would be quick reads. I am glad you were able to find parts of the book funny and interesting.
Thanks bookowlie! :tiphat: :D
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
abhishek7081
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by abhishek7081 »

nd there she was—eighteen, all grown up and with no place to go! Detra Enman never realized that her life would lead her to many places and to experience souls with many faces and races; to wear combat boots with panties of laces while doing everything from operating bulldozers to riding in limos with flower vases, to skinny-dipping in the Persian Gulf and wishing 1920s swimwear was back in the department store cases; even going to survival school and learning how to be a Prisoner of War, and finally, to flying a famous POW to Vietnam/Hannoh Hilton. Detra has completed her new book “55 Years on Campus”: a career memoir of a poor, skinny, bucktoothed, shy, loner, C-student and underprivileged white girl, who shares her nonpolitically correct journey as she evolves into an outgoing six-figured career woman.
this is quite clear from the story...... you need to keep a bit of patience to let the development of the story catch up with some pace .
Wasif Ahmed

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

abhishek7081 wrote:nd there she was—eighteen, all grown up and with no place to go! Detra Enman never realized that her life would lead her to many places and to experience souls with many faces and races; to wear combat boots with panties of laces while doing everything from operating bulldozers to riding in limos with flower vases, to skinny-dipping in the Persian Gulf and wishing 1920s swimwear was back in the department store cases; even going to survival school and learning how to be a Prisoner of War, and finally, to flying a famous POW to Vietnam/Hannoh Hilton. Detra has completed her new book “55 Years on Campus”: a career memoir of a poor, skinny, bucktoothed, shy, loner, C-student and underprivileged white girl, who shares her nonpolitically correct journey as she evolves into an outgoing six-figured career woman.
this is quite clear from the story...... you need to keep a bit of patience to let the development of the story catch up with some pace .
:techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :tiphat: :tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”