Official Review: Half My Life: The Testimony of a Father ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Re: Official Review: Half My Life: The Testimony of a Father

Post by bookowlie »

Great review for what sounds like a very interesting book. I think this type of book is cathartic for the author, as he shares his challenges and joys of raising a child with special needs. What a loving tribute to his son and a bit of a reference manual for those going through similar challenges.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Richard Arup Banarje
Currently Reading: My Dad, My Dog
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Richard Arup Banarje »

CatInTheHat wrote:
Richard Arup Banarje wrote:Half My Life: The Testimony of a Father and His Special Needs Child by Joseph Lim

autism is now common in our society.they are different form us . they can't do work like normal people. they have to face many difficulties in the society. we can not accept them easily. we treat then badly.
author write a story of a father who have a special need son and struggled hard for his son.. facing many difficulties this father didn't loss his hope and faith upon God..
this story will touch everyone's heart and will make us to realize struggle of special need child's parent..
Plenty of people with autism do work, even in professional fields. Remember that autism is a spectrum, from very mild to very severe, and everything in between. My son has autism. He has a bachelors degree. With lots of therapies and help along the way, he will one day live on his own.

i didn't criticise anybody. sorry if i told anything which hurt you.. i didn't mean that. happy to know about your son. God bless you and your son..[/quote]
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 559
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: GPS para el cielo by Jose Rafael Nunez Patino
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

CatInTheHat wrote:
Richard Arup Banarje wrote:Half My Life: The Testimony of a Father and His Special Needs Child by Joseph Lim

autism is now common in our society.they are different form us . they can't do work like normal people. they have to face many difficulties in the society. we can not accept them easily. we treat then badly.
author write a story of a father who have a special need son and struggled hard for his son.. facing many difficulties this father didn't loss his hope and faith upon God..
this story will touch everyone's heart and will make us to realize struggle of special need child's parent..
Plenty of people with autism do work, even in professional fields. Remember that autism is a spectrum, from very mild to very severe, and everything in between. My son has autism. He has a bachelors degree. With lots of therapies and help along the way, he will one day live on his own.
Thank you @"CatInTheHat" for stating my exact thoughts and congratulations for your son's success; clearly you and his support system have put in effort, support, and love to get him where he is today. You are right, autism is a spectrum and people who are on it can do so much in life. We have to be careful to judge on what they can't do and believe in what they can. Thank you again, CatInTheHat, for sharing. :)

-- 19 Mar 2017, 17:44 --
Richard Arup Banarje wrote:
CatInTheHat wrote:

i didn't criticise anybody. sorry if i told anything which hurt you.. i didn't mean that. happy to know about your son. God bless you and your son..
Thank you for clarifying, Richard Arup Banarje. I think your heart is in the right place. :)

-- 19 Mar 2017, 17:47 --
bookowlie wrote:Great review for what sounds like a very interesting book. I think this type of book is cathartic for the author, as he shares his challenges and joys of raising a child with special needs. What a loving tribute to his son and a bit of a reference manual for those going through similar challenges.
Thank you, bookowlie! It was a fascinating and captivating book. I wholeheartedly agree with what you said. It was beautiful and I am blessed to have been given the chance to give it a read. :)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”